Volvo 670, 2006year TCS problem

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by UVIGY, Mar 16, 2018.

1. UVIGY

UVIGY Bobtail Member

Oct 22, 2016
    Hi guys, I have a Volvo 670, 2006,
    With Volvo D12 engine.
    From one week I am driving with the TCS light on,
    on my dashboard. The truck is moving but is like something pushing it back or stopping it. I read some info about the same problem at the forum that says might be from the alignment. I put brand new steer tires and right now I am doing the alignment if the problem is still there when I take my truck from alignment, is there anyone who can help me with some more information about what the problem could be.

Thanks and I appreciate any help.

PS. Oo, there is one more thing, when I turn the switch on without starting the truck I am waiting around 10 second the truck is doing some tests I guess and at the end I can hear a noise like (pssst) air is coming out from some of the valves but since I have the TCS problem I can't hear that noise anymore.
    Thanks, I appreciate

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. nasriza

nasriza Road Train Member

Feb 1, 2013
    Chicago, IL
    need to post fault code after alignment the steering angle sensor usually is not reading the right steering angle.

4. UVIGY

UVIGY Bobtail Member

Oct 22, 2016
    Thank you Nasriza, I get my truck back after the alignment same light on (TCS) the fault code is
    MID 136 SID 89 FMI 2

5. nasriza

Feb 1, 2013
    Chicago, IL
    steering wheel position sensor for sure need either to recalibrate or replace and then calibrate.

6. UVIGY

UVIGY Bobtail Member

Oct 22, 2016
    Thank you very much is there more information that you can give me about that sensor like where it is located? Is it easy to change? And how to do the calibration? If you know of course.
    Thank you. I appreciate.

7. nasriza

Feb 1, 2013
    Chicago, IL
    it is located under the steering wheel, yoiu have to remove it then three t25 screws to take off sensor to calibrate it you need bendix a com software. you can get online usually for free from what i know and there is a procedure in there.

8. UVIGY

UVIGY Bobtail Member

Oct 22, 2016
    Thank you very much

9. Iman b

Iman b Bobtail Member

Oct 15, 2019
    Hi
    I have 2016 Volvo on the dash yellow check engine and maintenance require break ECU I checked on the computer give me code
    Steering angle sensor plausibility check .
    I already change the steering angle sensor and I changed ABS Valve
    Also code SPN 1807 any help ???

10. starmac

starmac Road Train Member

Apr 11, 2019
    Fairbanks Ak
    Are you just having the steer axle aligned, or a 3 axle alignment. I have seen trucks roll a lot easier when the rears were lined up.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.