Volvo 670 Fuel issues continue. Tanks will not level

Discussion in 'Trucks [ Eighteen Wheelers ]' started by BlackThought, Dec 8, 2018.

1. BlackThought

BlackThought Medium Load Member

Jul 22, 2014
    Memphis,TN
    Posted about this a while back. Volvo 670 fuel goes to passenger tank and not leveling with main. I've changed both lines on the tanks and the junction points where they meet. Yet still the fuel goes to my right tank and won't equal. Don't know what more I can do.

One tank is ten inches longer than the other. Don't know if that matters.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Snailexpress

Snailexpress Road Train Member

Apr 28, 2014
    Rocky
    Return fuel lines should be below fuel level all the time and air tight. So fuel will level in fuel tanks. Same principle as siphon working.Once it was open or lost air tightness because bad O-rings connector you need to push fuel from one tank to other with air pressure applied to the breather pipe.
    Close the filling cap on one side and apply 15 psi. You need second guy looking inside the other side tank. Once fuel flow is clear no air bubbles you done. If it still lost leveling you have air sucking in return line.
    Could be air or excessive gas from faulty injector, head cracks or fuel pump

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  4. benjamin260_6

benjamin260_6 Medium Load Member

Aug 8, 2012
    Ontario, Canada
    I had this problem. Changed every line, junction, vents, fittings, left the caps cracked open...nothing worked. It always filled the left tank and I'd have to shut off the right tank to draw out of the left. Finally I took the line off at the tank and blew air into it and heard something blow out of the pick up tube. Turns out the lock from the cap had fallen off and got sucked part way up the tube enough to restrict flow but not stop it completely.

Snailexpress Thanks this.
  5. Oldone

Oldone Bobtail Member

Jun 4, 2013

6. Oldone

Oldone Bobtail Member

Jun 4, 2013
    Hey buddy did you ever figure out what the issue was with your fuel leveling out in your Volvo 670? I'm having the same problem with mine. Ive spent over 6k trying to get this thing to level. If you were able to fix it PLEASE let me know..

7. Newto Trucking

Newto Trucking Medium Load Member

Dec 26, 2013
    NE Illinois
    What year is your truck and what engine??

8. Lngfrancis

Lngfrancis Bobtail Member

Feb 6, 2021
    I'm having the same problem with my volvo wg64t with a Cummins n14 to the point my passenger side tank is blowing fuel out the cap and driver side is almost empty. The lines on my truck are at the top rear end of the tank though. Please email me at lngfrancis2012@gmail.com

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.