Volvo 780 D13 or KW T680 ISX

Discussion in 'Trucks [ Eighteen Wheelers ]' started by gilknight, Oct 8, 2015.

1. Hardlyevr

Hardlyevr Road Train Member

Jul 30, 2009
    Mapleton Depot,PA
    The livability of the space and storage of a 780 is unmatched by anything less than a custom monster sleeper. If you ask a Volvo dealer whether they recommend a D13 or Cummins, they will say D13. And I have had the same response asking at dealerships that also sell KW and the MX. Look also at what Volvo offers for warranty with the I shift, it helped me decide AGAINST a 13 speed, which I have enjoyed for eons.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. CO2kmax

CO2kmax Bobtail Member

Sep 29, 2013
    Denver, CO
    I have a 2015 D13 455hp 2.64. I have 100250 miles so far. No major issues so far. I drive 60 mph in 11th gear (DD) most of the time. My calculated out all miles is 6.8. I am usually 65-70k When i drive coast to coast on the Interstate I am usually getting 7.5 to 7.75 mpg. In the last 25k my mpg has gone up considerably so I figure that my calculated out all miles number should come up. The I shift is amazing ( my first automated tranny) you will have no yearning for a manual. Make sure you get the upgraded shifter so that you can manually shift the tranny. When your in the hills you will want to manually shift. Volvos tranny mapping is not very good in Automatic mode when your in the hills. I sleep in the top bunk and keep the workstation up at all times. I am on the road for months at a time and I need the table to do paper work at. I would recommend getting a different mattress, the stock mattress sucks. The fridge is the largest factory fridge i have seen in a truck. All the storage is great in the 780. If you plan on getting a APU you will have to get the removable fenders and need a 100 gal tank on one side to fit the APU and a 150 on the other side. I have a 231"wb. I love the truck so far.

Hardlyevr Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.