Volvo D12 air leak in fuel

Discussion in 'Volvo Forum' started by Volvo8873, Jun 3, 2018.

1. Volvo8873

Volvo8873 Light Load Member

Apr 27, 2016
    Western Wisconsin
    yep all the washers are on the injectors. Do the injector cups take some time and heat to break in? I only have about 6000 miles on these cups that I plan on replacing and I ran the truck in subzero temps the whole time before parked. I noticed this the other day and today but it seems like every time I take it out and get the engine good and hard the bubbles seem to disappear after running it.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Volvo8873

Apr 27, 2016
    Western Wisconsin
    The two injectors that are leaking the washers stayed stuck to the bottom of the cup as you see in the picture

4. nasriza

nasriza Road Train Member

Feb 1, 2013
    Chicago, IL
    They should not take any time to break in pretty simple, i dont know who installed them but maybe did'nt change o rings.

5. Volvo8873

Apr 27, 2016
    Western Wisconsin
    I installed the last set of cups. @nasriza
    So just I installed new cups again and while torquing down the injectors for the first time I realized the mistake I made with the last set. They were never torqued down properly. I remember and know for a fact when I did them that I did them at 20 ft pounds then only 60* turn then and left them like that.

So these new cups I properly torqued them in as per the Volvo service manual and got everything back together and she runs great.

I tell ya these Shadetree mechanics we got nowadays. “ a quote to myself” lol

Pman45 Thanks this.
  6. nasriza

nasriza Road Train Member

Feb 1, 2013
    Chicago, IL
    Mistakes happen all the time you have to torque then initially and back them off and properly retorque

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.