Volvo d13, when accelerate i hear sound like air coming out of somewhere, and the gas pedal for just

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by Grashakot, Feb 15, 2019.

1. Grashakot

Grashakot Bobtail Member

Feb 15, 2019
    Volvo D13 gas pedal not responding for a second and like air coming out of somewhere, when accelerating and in high rpms. As well when i let my foot of the pedal and shifting into 10th gear, it does this couple of times a day, any help would be greatly appreciated, Took it to few mechanics couldn’t figure it out what is it, no codes as well or check engine light. The sound coming out from the Driver side, no visible leaks as well.

Thanks

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. RustyBolt

RustyBolt Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2015
    Bement, IL
    Possible boost leak? But would think you'd hear it most of the time if it were.

4. Rideandrepair

Rideandrepair Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2015
    Check air intake manifold to compressor hose for leaks

5. Grashakot

Grashakot Bobtail Member

Feb 15, 2019
    I’ll tell the mechanic to have a look, thanks, altough i have replaced the intake presure sensor and the venturi pipe, when i took the truck from the mechanic after a day started doing this, and it bothers me sooooo mich

6. Gentlemanfarmer

Gentlemanfarmer Medium Load Member

Feb 26, 2010
    Greenville, FL
    I recently had my EGR cooler sensor replaced because the check engine light was on, but had been noticing similar antics to what you are experiencing. The Volvo shop replaced my turbo speed sensor, which was not sending out a code and the problem was resolved.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.