2007 Volvo vn630 electrical problem with sleeper fan.

Discussion in 'Heavy Duty Diesel Truck Mechanics Forum' started by combo7, Oct 22, 2018.

1. combo7

combo7 Bobtail Member

Jan 19, 2016
    Worcester MA
    hi I have a 07 Vo Levi vn 630 d12 and I’m having an issue the switch on the dashboard for the sleeper fan and the one on the sleepers are blinking and when I have the sleepers light on it will shut it off on its own and will start beeping any ideas ? Thanks

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Socal Xpress

Socal Xpress Road Train Member

Dec 6, 2014
    Los Angeles, Ca
    Do the basics....... check the grounds and make sure everything is nice and tight with no corrosion.

Does your truck have the battery cut off switch? That thing builds up resistance and makes things go wonky.

combo7 Thanks this.
  4. nasriza

nasriza Road Train Member

Feb 1, 2013
    Chicago, IL
    the power supply to the sleeper is acting up check all the terminals behind the sleeper contol and make sure they are all making proper contact usually this takes care of it very problematic on volvos

Socal Xpress and combo7 Thank this.
  5. combo7

combo7 Bobtail Member

Jan 19, 2016
    Worcester MA
    Thanks for the reply’s it turn out to be a bad battery and a DEAD alternator, all fix now thank God !!!

JohnC123 and Socal Xpress Thank this.
  6. JohnC123

JohnC123 Light Load Member

Jan 25, 2018
    It's good to hear a positive outcome now and then from all the hard work experiences from all you (me) insomniacs out there....thanks everybody.

combo7 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.