VS Prime Corp

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Jestju30, Feb 24, 2018.

1. Jestju30

Jestju30 Bobtail Member

Feb 24, 2018
    Firs of all if your already an owner operator and you know how this process goes ignore this. This is based for first experiences working with these type of companies. Finding out all there is to know about working with a Sub contracting company is terrible first and foremost expect to be lied to right off the bat, all expenses will be deducted from your pay even ones you never heard of as far escrows and etc. This VS Prime Corp. company I never even heard of until they gave me a call when they found my resume online based on my experience driving as a company driver both in the teams and solo division. The only expenses they pay for is for you to fly up, One meal there and getting the process started already as far as 1) Drug tests, 2) Paper Work 3) Meet and Greets

Drug Test: If your Located outside of Chicago, IL then you'll half to take a test before you even get your
    Itinerary assigned to you. Which the only effort as far I've seen this company do is try and find
    the closest clinic to you, Be prepared to be asked several questions from whatever clinic you
    end up going to ask who this company are cause they are not well known at all with fewer then
    thirty drivers on there roster.

Paperwork: As far as this process goes you will be given out a W-9 instead of your regular W-2 form
    When of course you'll be hired as an Independent Contractor. This is some of the most
    crooked and unbelievable things I've ever seen since I stepped into the trucking industry.
    There are several deductions for the truck as expected but there are even deductions for
    Paperwork processing(charge $50 each time)not turned in on time, even deductions for
    Immoral conduct while on duty, dishonesty, fighting, theft, activities interfering with this
    Carrier operations. When I read this I thought I was signing up for school rather then a job.
    I cannot stress this enough please read this bogus contract front and back carefully!
    cause if they see you signing out of desperation you will get abused repeatedly when you
    get out on the road with them or any company that does this process. Moving to Trip packets
    Its 2018 people this is some of the oldest garbage I ever seen of course must be turned in
    by Fridays by 12:00 pm. These small companies will deduct anything from you to keep
    money from your pockets, so think wisely before going through with it.

Meet and Greets: Well what can I say about this out of all of the companies I worked for this was some
    of the worst put together presentations I've seen. Of course as stated before small
    company, This staff only has a total of three employees put together in the office for VS
    PRIME CORP. But you'll be running for VS Carrier(Broker)where you will deal with the
    dispatching, safety, accounting, shop and customer service. The Owner doesn't talk
    much but when he does is nothing but foul and inaccurate things. This is a solely
    Serbian based company so language barrier is a problem unless you understand.

PAY: This company does paper checks can be mailed to you or pickup, Direct deposit is available
    pay is processed for Tuesdays only in rare cases the next business day which is another thing
    I didn't like about this company. Pay statements are only through mail nothing is done online
    which is very annoying which leaves you wondering about your percentage of pay per loads.
    They start you off at 52 cents per mile based on experience as they say at the time and slowly
    raises up three cents.

Truck Policy: you can take truck and trailer home if you have an safe area to park it.

Home Time: They explained the minimum time out is two weeks but they will fight you to stay out
    longer partly cause of the roster size which I hated.

Note: Dispatching is okay not the best they will try to work with you when it comes to the loads but
    anything else forget about it they will ignore you and push for company policy only even trough
    emergencies which I disliked very much.

Jonrulerofearth Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.