W900 clutch linkage

Discussion in 'Trucks [ Eighteen Wheelers ]' started by nb629, Feb 20, 2017.

1. nb629

nb629 Light Load Member

Aug 21, 2012
    Has anyone ever had one of the "Heim" ends (I think that's what it's called looks like a ball joint) wear thru and separate. This happened to me about a year ago. Of course it was the end in the dash behind steering column. I heard it squeaking but did not know what it was until it failed. Now I'm starting to hear it squeaking again already! Has anyone had this problem and what might be the cause?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Ruthless

Ruthless Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2010
    The City.

Yes. Had the one by the power steering reservoir pop a couple years ago. Couple weeks back the one on the side of the trans come undone.

Get a grease able one next time you replace them.

Things wear out when they move for years and vibrate: but have no extra lube.

nb629 Thanks this.
  4. nb629

nb629 Light Load Member

Aug 21, 2012
    Yes things do wear out . I remember now when it broke on the road I flipped the linkage and put the end from along tranny up into the dash and reconnected it to save time while waiting for someone to bring a replacement. Then the company mechanics replaced all the parts. But I'm sure their lazy ##### didn't do the end in the cab because it a pain to get to. That is probably why I'm hearing it again ifs still the original getting ready to break.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.