Waaay Out of the Hiring Zone - Advice?

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by LateNightCable, Oct 3, 2018.

1. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    It is not just the company, ultimately it's Homeland Security who is the interested party.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. jsnell

jsnell Light Load Member

Apr 12, 2016
    The companies want to hire you but your address is where they are going send you for home time.

4. LateNightCable

LateNightCable Light Load Member

Feb 16, 2018
    Well that’s part of it, I don’t anticipate taking much home time in the Keys. So no company would have to be concerned with getting me back there. I’d sooner fly down for a few days on my own dime.

jsnell Thanks this.
  5. LateNightCable

Feb 16, 2018
    What kind of inquiry do they make? I mean if a mailing address is a mailing address.

6. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Your employment history with no gaps. Your addresses tied to utility bills to make sure the real id act is you is you after 2020. If you don't have that gold star on that enhanced license, you cannot board domestic flights or enter federal buildings or installations along with canada.

Your hazmat is assessed for threat to the USA and record is examined as well. They need two months to decide yes or no after a interview with you.

They are usually interested in what the companies come up with on you. Etc. Ive been out of the active driving for so long it does not affect me but Truckers have been a classic threat profile as it is easy for terrorists to shoot the driver, that's you. Get in. Push a button and go into a crowd of people somewhere as happened before.

Then there is the trafficking training for which currently consists of a pitiful powerpoint or video over 15 minutes while illegals make themselves hidden on your rig among other things.

7. UturnGirl

UturnGirl Road Train Member

Jan 16, 2010
    Texas
    Use a friend's address. Say you live in their spare room. Pay a couple bucks rent (or not) Get them to send your mail to you. rented p.o. boxes come under scrutiny I'm told. Move when you can afford to.

8. stwik

stwik Road Train Member

Oct 8, 2017
    USA USA USA!!!
    Have you talked with Melton?

Their very accommodating — hire in South Florida and Floridians make up a pretty large portion of their driver base...

LateNightCable Thanks this.
  9. LateNightCable

Feb 16, 2018
    Not yet, I probably will down the road here. I’ve heard good things about them as a company.

I do need a carrier that can get me out west, that’s important. Other than that, I’m about as flexible as anybody.

10. LateNightCable

Feb 16, 2018
    That’s a strong likelihood, especially if I pursue a western carrier, like System Transport out of Spokane WA.

11. tscottme

tscottme Road Train Member

Find a company you REALLY want to work for and then move into their hiring area. I don't mean spend 30 seconds on TTR & 30 seconds Googling companies and then hope for the best. Talk to drivers at that company and get enough info from them so that moving to work there seems like a great move.

LateNightCable Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.