Wage Theft?

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by Kansas City Long Hauler, Jan 26, 2022.

1. Accidental Trucker

Accidental Trucker Road Train Member

Jun 4, 2015
    If it is, call the company and give them 24 hrs or you will call the IRS as well as the state labor board.

Then, after you cashed the check, call the IRS anyway........

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Kansas City Long Hauler

Kansas City Long Hauler Light Load Member

Jan 25, 2022
    The IRS? what could they possibly do? I've never heard anyone reporting to the IRS about wage theft

4. Kansas City Long Hauler

Jan 25, 2022
    The labor board can only collect minimum wage for truck drivers, and you have to prove to them that you were on duty or driving

5. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    Not wage theft. Misclassification of employment. Basically not giving the irs their cut.

tscottme Thanks this.
  6. Kansas City Long Hauler

Jan 25, 2022
    You are super lucky they didn't file phone harassment charges, I had another company that didn't pay me about 10 years ago called ZNZ out of Ohio, I called them everyday and they filed phone harassment charges against me and I had to get a lawyer to get the charges dismissed.

7. Kansas City Long Hauler

Jan 25, 2022
    Actually it was a salary position, they claimed I would make more this way than I would per mile or percentage of the load, so I was willing to give it a try, but only work there two weeks until they burn me of my last paycheck... They won't answer my text messages or phone calls, I have multiple text messages where they said don't worry they would pay me immediately.

8. wichris

wichris Road Train Member

Jan 17, 2011
    Was it a W-2 salary?

9. Kansas City Long Hauler

Jan 25, 2022
    Yes they claim they were going to take taxes out but I was robbed of my final check, my first check they paid me for half a week through Venmo, then told me all checks after that would be taxed and on a company check

10. woolybully35us

woolybully35us Medium Load Member

Mar 13, 2015
    ks
    my little brother drove for a guy that did not pay him for 2 month. he quit and filed with the kansas labor broad they made him pay the money he owed him plus interest. they shut his biss. down till my brother was paid

11. Kansas City Long Hauler

Jan 25, 2022
    I talked to the department of Labor here in Kansas City Missouri and they told me the only thing they could do is go after him for minimum wage for the hours that I worked on duty or driving, even the labor board recommended small claims court claims court and the BBB

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.