Waiting on Diabetes Waiver

Discussion in 'Driver Health' started by wimagra, Nov 3, 2010.

1. mgdani

mgdani Bobtail Member

May 17, 2015
    Diabetes can be completely prevented or even cured through diet and exercise. I used to struggled with the disease, with a BP of over 140 before I realized this. Doctor put me on metformin, and that did absolutely nothing to help me. After a long amount of searching, I stumbled upon this guide on http://steamspoils.com/ - or rather this review of the guide that ended up leading me to curing diabetes. The 7 Steps to Health and The Big Diabetes Lie is the ultimately guide on how to conquer diabetes, heart disease, and many other health ailments.

Dr_Fandango44 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Dr_Fandango44

Dr_Fandango44 Road Train Member

Aug 27, 2012
    Austin, TX
    There is something in the works to eliminate an exemption for diabetes treated with insulin. I read about it in the Overdrive mag. The FMCSA have issued a request for public comment on such a move. This is a very recent decision. I'm sure it will be controversial but I bet there's been some heavy lobbying behind the scenes for this to happen. No decision has been made yet, but it's good news for people with the disease.
    I agree with the previous writer that diabetes can be cured naturally. We should never underestimate the powers of our own bodies to be able to cure without toxic drugs. But you've got get off that sugar intake, especially high fructose corn syrup. That stuff is deadly and toxic!!!
    We are all potential victims of our corrupt food industry and sugar lobbyists that still peddles highly processed foods that contain way too much sugar. Do your research don't believe doctors and the lies dished up to steer us away from fats and into high carb diets. Obesity and diabetes rates are worse than ever because of it. Good luck.

4. 2Girls_1Truck

2Girls_1Truck Medium Load Member

May 18, 2014
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Wait, eliminate the exemption or eliminate the exclusion of type 2 diabetics?

I read this post from the top and I am absolutely floored that the DOT would exclude a type 2 driver because his blood sugar isn't high enough.... WHAT?!

OP posted that they wanted her husbands A1C to be 10%?! Blood sugar ranging in the 200s?

I'm not a type 2 diabetic, but I was overweight and headed in that direction. I bought a glucometer and have been eating low-carb (closer to a low inflammation paleo diet these days) and my post prandial sugars are rarely over 105. Fasting sugar gradually moved down and is steady at 78 and has been for 4 years.

These people are getting bum advice from a doctor who would advise sustaining 200+ toxic levels of sugar.

The Mariachi Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.