Waiting on Pam trainer

Discussion in 'PAM' started by colts832000, Aug 24, 2008.

1. colts832000

colts832000 Bobtail Member

Jul 21, 2008
    vincennes, in
    Well i fininished driver solutions got my plastic less then 3 weeks took me 2 shots at state but i done it. Now i just waiting on return call on monday to find out when i can get out with trainer i hope its soon i do not have no income and got bills coming in. The school was great loved it all except the hotel it was scary but i have stayed at worse. Now i have read good things and bad things about pam i expect to do no more then put in my year then revaluate the company i want to get my school paid for and it takes a year so i want that done and off the hook for 6000. I am interested in getting out seeing what money like i do not expect 40,000 my first year but i don't expect to be on food stamps or nothing i walked away from 30,000 factory job i hoping to at least bring that in well thanks to all.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. lv gn

lv gn Heavy Load Member

Jun 23, 2008
    las vegas nv.
    congrats on getting school done! good luck with your training. your on your way. make the best of it!

4. Scarecrow03

Scarecrow03 Road Train Member

Sep 27, 2006
    In Your Head
    I've said it before and I'll say it again and again. PAM is a good company to get your start. I've seen a lot more of their trucks here in southern Indiana lately too. So I'd say your chances of getting home regularly should be pretty good. When I first started with them I lived in southeastern Illinois (Norris City) and came home every 3 weeks without any issues. Most of the time I'd drop my trailer in the Effingham yard and bobtail home.

If you haven't already, I'd encourage you to read up on some of the posts I've made over the past two years about PAM.

5. colts832000

Jul 21, 2008
    vincennes, in
    If i can get home every 3 to 4 weeks i would be happy with that. Pam does seem like ok company i had choice between it and schneider and i choose pam and i havne't regretted it yet so i willing to give them chance i think first year be rough but i be good to go.

6. colts832000

Jul 21, 2008
    vincennes, in
    Well they told me this morning could be week or more waiting then they called me back this evening and told me that got me hooked up with someone and that they will be here in few hours to pick me up i am ready for this would like to thank you all for your comments and support

7. lv gn

lv gn Heavy Load Member

Jun 23, 2008
    las vegas nv.
    congrats.! and good luck on the road!

8. colts832000

Jul 21, 2008
    vincennes, in
    Well was out with pam trainer for 4 days i got off truck he didn't train me at all i was team driving for 300 dollars week i didn't sign up for team driving. Also he told me if i wrecked truck i got punched i was already nervous enough driving thru mountains and everything for first time with him in back sleeping. He had his own food and when i needed stop to eat he complained and told me i would have to wait till fuel stop even though we had 2 1/2 days till delivery 500 miles away. i hate 2 hotdogs cheesburger and bisquit and gravy over the whole time i was starving and when i took over driving after he drove for 3 hours cause he was tired told me i had to drive rest the way that night i told him ok but i needed to stop to eat he told me wait till fuel stop then at fuel stop cussed me out for taking to long so i got out of truck and told him i had enough this isn't what i signed up for.

9. bobfiore

bobfiore Bobtail Member

Aug 25, 2008
    did you call pam transport?

10. razorbacker

razorbacker Light Load Member

Aug 16, 2008
    Van Buren, Ar
    Yeah, hope you didn't just get out of truck without at least contacting PAM beforehand. You know the guy is going to make it look like your fault if you didn't speak up for yourself.

That is my biggest concern about starting trucking. Being cooped up with some jerk during training.

11. colts832000

Jul 21, 2008
    vincennes, in
    i could not get in contact with them only number i have or contact there was number they gave me to talk to person to set me up with trainer. I did leave voicemail message but explaining what had happen that was it i am calling first thing tuesday morning.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.