Wal-mart, Inc. - Bentonville, Ar.

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by Anonymous, Jan 31, 2005.

1. Fooman

Fooman Light Load Member

Mar 11, 2008
    SW Indiana
    I saw a Schneider tractor pulling a Wal-Mart trailer yesterday. I have also seen Schneider advertise on either CareerBuilder or Monster for dedicated Wal-Mart drivers. Maybe thats just here out of the Olney, IL warehouse.?.

Wonder how that deal works?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. The Challenger

The Challenger Kinghunter

Dec 22, 2007
    East Central FL
    Guys i know Greatwide, SNI, Swift, PAM, and Walmart pulls their freight. I am sure their are other companies that pull.

Kinghunter

4. Kilroy

Kilroy Light Load Member

Mar 18, 2008
    usa
    Hi all I work at dc6020 in brooksville fl I'll get the number you have to call about a app. I do know that you have to have 3 yrs minimum exp and 50,000 safe driving record no moving violations in the last 3 yrs . It wont be till Tuesday till i get the number so I'll post it then . I'm going to get my cdl do my 3 yrs and try to get back on with them told by their dispatch safety manger that would have a good chance since I work for them for 13 yrs and had outstanding evals for the last 12

5. mikelouf2

mikelouf2 Bobtail Member

Mar 25, 2008
    carmel ny
    does anybody know if walmart has local routes where i can be home everynight it sounds like a good place to work for

6. Kilroy

Kilroy Light Load Member

Mar 18, 2008
    usa
    sorry about taking so long to get back had to use some personal hrs the old use it or lose it so here is the number to call that will answer all your questions good luck:biggrin_25525:

7. MorphEQ

MorphEQ Light Load Member

Feb 7, 2008
    Sharon, PA
    I saw a fleet of Schneider trucks at the Greensboro,NC walmart today, asked em and they said they handle that locations local deliveries to the stores. Sort of like swift has a few warehouses, even seen knight at a few, guess its like whatever company has a hub near a warehouse has the contract. Dunno and ill ask next warehouse I go to.

8. The Challenger

The Challenger Kinghunter

Dec 22, 2007
    East Central FL
    Anyone know about Brooksvile, FL one. Who pulls for them and could someone tell me it is just OTR time Walmart is looking for or combined OTR and regional.

King

9. Kilroy

Kilroy Light Load Member

Mar 18, 2008
    usa
    walmart has very little otr and regional left it mostly runs to the stores that the dc services if you pm me i can give you the number to call and just ask the operator for dispatch and they should be able to help you I don't think i have enough post to pm so you might want to and a email too

10. Whaler Sailor

Whaler Sailor Bobtail Member

Mar 28, 2008
    Central Florida
    I did WalMart Dedicated for Swift for a year - out of Red Bluff, CA. and Porterville, CA. We would pull trailers into the Bay Area or Los Angeles and San Diego every day and then grab a backhaul or pull some switches in L.A. with Sam's Club trailers. It's a good operation - we were able to park our tractors inside the DC's at night and the cafeteria would whip up breakfast whenever they were open. Had about 15 Swift drivers assigned to Porterville D.C.

11. touchngo

touchngo Bobtail Member

Mar 29, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    I talked to a recruiter for Wal-Mart at the truckshow in Louisville. She said that at the current time they're only hiring for four dc's. I can't remember exactly which one's she said but none of them are near me. I think they're out east and also out in CA. One driver that I talked to there said it's really hard to get on because hardly anyone retires. That doesn't make it good for the rest of us.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.