Wal Mart NOT Trucker Friendly

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by satman, Feb 21, 2009.

1. satman

satman Bobtail Member

Mar 12, 2007
    Crittenden, KY
    Just wanted to pass on some news I was informed of this week after parking at a Wal Mart in Amite City, LA and spending over $30.00. Their
    rental cop informed me you can shop at Wal Mart but not park for the night and they were not concerned about the fact that I was in my 10 HR. break and would be put in violation if I moved my truck. After trying my best with the security officer I went to plead my case to the manager and was informed that new Wal Mart policy for the future will NOT allow 18 wheelers to park overnite at any of there dominating locations due trucks with logos other than the wally world brand were bad for business.
    :biggrin_2551: :biggrin_25516: :biggrin_2552:
    The next time you have a chance to go with the better half to get groceries and pickup the kids school supplies remember how WalMart has decided to slam the door in your face for a place to park when your in east jesus and the nearest Truckstop is 50+ miles away, It seems like they forgot how they got where they are today and who helped them get to the place they are today. Sorry to drone on in a rant but I wanted to save anyone else from having the cab beat on by a overweight obnoxious
    off duty local bear telling you to move or be towed when no truck parking is not posted.Take care and God Bless.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. notarps4me

notarps4me Road Train Member

Jan 1, 2007
    NASA HQ
    That all depends on the store. Each seem to have their own policy.

4. MO family man

MO family man Heavy Load Member

Oct 31, 2007
    Nunya, MO
    Seeing the trashing of their lot that occurs who can blame them? Heck I rolled through Imlay City MI and the local stores have signs saying no truck parking by order of a local ordinance. It is after all a store and not a truck stop.

5. badcompany

badcompany Heavy Load Member

Sep 26, 2008
    cullman,alabama
    if i had a business id not allow extended stay for truckers to most trucks hang out looks like a small garbage dump

WiseOne Thanks this.
  6. The Challenger

The Challenger Kinghunter

Dec 22, 2007
    East Central FL
    Spot on OP. My friend had to abandon his cozy spot at Walmart in viera at the old exit 73 on I95 southbound. The managers excuse was that this lot was for walmart drivers only. They called him # 2AM in the morning and threatened to tow his truck away. He now parks somewhere else thanks to the rude manager.

KH

7. GAPrincess

GAPrincess Road Train Member

Jan 18, 2009
    Many Wal-Marts don't just allow, but welcome RV's to park in their lots overnight. I suspect this is why some truckers think it's okay to stop there. However, according to my bf the real reason many do not want truckers resting there is because they leave a filthy, disgusting mess. From emptying out their ashtrays, to leaving 'pee bottles' and other disgusting things in the lot when they leave. I realize that these slovenly drivers are the minority, not the majority; but all it takes is one, to ruin it for everybody else.

8. TruckrsWife

TruckrsWife Significant Otter

Aug 29, 2008
    God's Country, CA
    Are they going to tell their customers not to park their cars there to shop also? I find pigs come in all colors and sizes, and is not exclusive to truckers. I find it a personal insult to the trucker, but customers they'll bend over for...go figure. The trucker more than likely will patronize the store, but I guess maybe not when the word gets out.

I personally will go out of my way to shop anywhere but Walmart. I can go to the dollar store and get the same quality product and for alot less. I will cut off my nose to spite my face in order to stand by my principles.

9. RickG

RickG Road Train Member

Jul 22, 2008
    Owensboro , KY
    You act like WalMart is the only one doing this . Many others are the same way . Be realistic . How many newbie drivers do you think have accidents in parking lots ? Often the parking lots for cars aren't designed for the weight of trucks and the sharp turns are rough on the asphalt . But WalMart especially has reasons to ban trucks . They were fined heavily by EPA for emissions from trucks that were idling on the lot . Shopping centers are private property . It's up to you to find an appropriate spot when you are running out of hours . If you can't drive your truck off their lot they'll have it towed .

10. longshot

longshot Light Load Member

Jan 18, 2009
    somewhere in mississippi
    you would think with the downturn in the economy they would welcome us to shop, in fact they should build large parking areas for trucks

NC_38Special Thanks this.
  11. RickG

RickG Road Train Member

Jul 22, 2008
    Owensboro , KY
    Do you know what it would cost to built those lots on commercial real estate ? Have you ever seen a WalMart with enough adjacent space ? If they built them they would fill up wit trucks taking their 10 hour break . They wouldn't get much revenue from them . What did satman spend , "over $30 " ?

luvtheroad Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.