WalMart ELD

Discussion in 'ELD Forum | Questions, Answers and Reviews' started by foggy, Oct 15, 2019.

1. foggy

foggy Medium Load Member

Sep 2, 2013
    Any drivers besides me having trouble keeping your obc from restarting since we went to this ridiculous ELD? I have to restart it several times a day and it also restarts itself. Makes it hard to stay on top of logging. Any cures for it out there?

truckdriver31 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Maintain a backup paper logbook sold by Keller in any truckstop so that if your ELD "Breaks" you have the last 8 days backed up and ready to go at a moment's notice.

4. truckdriver31

truckdriver31 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2013
    are you shutting it down before you go to bed. if not then do that. mine works great when i shut it down before bed. turn key on in am and it starts back up.

rachi and foggy Thank this.
  5. joshlilou

joshlilou Bobtail Member

Mar 10, 2017
    Wisconsin
    Yes, @truckdriver31 has talked, current company is starting to roll the ELD next Dec-1st and that is the part they are repeating over messages and monthly meeting, accept and submit logs then turn off after every shift. Hope you get it solved

foggy and truckdriver31 Thank this.
  6. foggy

foggy Medium Load Member

Sep 2, 2013
    Been doing all of this and it still locks up and restarts constantly...usually at really bad times:(

7. Cattleman84

Cattleman84 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2017
    The Sticks, Idaho
    I'm not a walmart driver... However, I have had my ELD lockup and restart on me... Even though it logs me out it still keeps me in whatever duty status it was in at the time. So I just keep driving until it is convenient for me to stop, then I log back in.

Once whenbit did that to me I had literally only mins of fudge room to make on time delivery to a very picky reciever... I just kept deiving for 5 hours to reciever, then logged in switched to On duty and then checked in.

rachi, truckdriver31 and foggy Thank this.
  8. Tb0n3

Tb0n3 Road Train Member

Oct 5, 2012
    Earth
    We've got the same issue at our company with the recent switch to ELD on Omnitracs. It's gotten better, but often will restart once a day still.

9. foggy

foggy Medium Load Member

Sep 2, 2013
    Yea, still same old routine here this week...been making a lot of beeps, whistles and screeches but no better. We have to be at a geo fenced facility with a fence around it before we can use On Duty yard Moves...is that the experience all of you are having??

10. slim6596

slim6596 Medium Load Member

Dec 1, 2015
    Mine is running extremely hot, locking up and rebooting randomly.

As far as yard move, we can only use that when at a DC or a "limited public access" vendor, center point, etc. Absolutely NOT for use at stores, we were told.

11. truckdriver31

truckdriver31 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2013
    i keep my dash vent pointed at the back. i did have it turn pink one day with the air off

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.