Walmart evidently has now come up with a plan to make a billion $$ in Revenue

Discussion in 'Truckers News' started by drvrtech77, Jul 13, 2017.

1. brsims

brsims Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2009
    Meadville, PA
    Then so long Wally World. Amazon is just as cheap, but with less PITA factor from what I understand.

Bean Jr. and drvrtech77 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    Heck even they stated in the article Walmart is still going to fine you for being late due to weather concerns so if they shut down the highways due to blizzards in the winter time and the load is light I guess Walmart's going to start fining for that... how do I get to bout time to tell Walmart to take their own trucks and come get their own crap

bzinger Thanks this.
  4. CrappieJunkie

CrappieJunkie Wishin' I was fishin'

Mar 9, 2014
    In a van down by the River.
    Amazon is worse imo. They used to book 5 trucks a night, use 3 cacnel the other two and leave you sit for 24 hours for another chance to haul their stuff. Light loads though.

brsims Thanks this.
  5. HalpinUout

HalpinUout Road Train Member

Oct 2, 2011
    You can tell something is going on with Walmart by the "talent" they have driving some of their trucks... They must have lowered the hiring standard... Been seeing more and more of them acting like animals, certainly don't recall that a few years back.

6. Western flyer

Western flyer Road Train Member

Mar 13, 2014
    This has nothing to do with the trucking part.
    There gonna charge the shipper for this not the carrier.
    Are you listening brokers. That means you holding
    Onto the loads till the last possible minute trying
    To get cheapest piece of junk you can get to do it.

When Walmart fines that shipper 3 percent,
    There next phone call is to the broker asking
    What happened.
    This is gonna be great to watch.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2017
  7. azheavyduty

azheavyduty Light Load Member

Jan 11, 2011
    Glendale, AZ
    Oh my god, the nerve of them. To expect what they ordered to be delivered in full, on time. 3/4 of the time. Personally, I'd say that's setting the bar pretty low.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2017
    CrappieJunkie Thanks this.
  8. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    All you guys who say "it'll get there when it gets there"??? Other major shippers and buyers have had similar policies for many years. Except they'll either reduce the freight cost by a set amount or drop the carrier, or both. In my world where I work (and with competitor carriers, too) on-time delivery and pickup is THE most important part of the job. To do that consistently requires no screw-ups or loafing around.

But we've been keeping Walmart loads to a bare minimum lately just because of their worsening history of costing our trucks/drivers too much time over the past few years. They are strictly a last resort.

Whatever they "save" in efficiency will be lost in having to pay more to get the goods to their door as more refuse to play their games and haul their freight out of habit. If they'd not jerk around most higher dollar grocery items haulers like they do, they'd be okay to work with.

CrappieJunkie Thanks this.
  9. BoostedTeg

BoostedTeg Road Train Member

Jun 2, 2008
    Boise ID
    I quite pulling Walmart loads no need to put up with their crap. Doesn't matter if it's a full trailer or 3 pallets they take theire sweet time unloading it. I'd rather pay more at another store then spend my money at Walmart.

Walmart low morals low wages ALWAYS.

10. bzinger

bzinger Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2014
    omaha , ne
    Amen !

BoostedTeg Thanks this.
  11. bowlwinkle

bowlwinkle Heavy Load Member

Aug 27, 2008
    Ankeny, IA
    I used to deliver about every load a day early. They were drop and hook and I would usually get then there the day before they were due, but my company made us stop, as early hurt their delivery record as much as late did.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.