Walmart going full driverless

Discussion in 'Truckers News' started by Trucking in Tennessee, Dec 18, 2020.

1. Trucking in Tennessee

Trucking in Tennessee Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2018
    Nashville
    Just like flying drones, I can envision a truck loaded with cameras to help deter crime against it, and someone back at the company monitoring a screen and taking some kind of action if anything goes wrong. One guy to 10 or so trucks listening for alerts. I can also sense battery packs that can be changed out rather quickly. When the car was first invented it took a long time for the infrastructure to get up to speed, but it happened. I bet women had a lot to do with that. Can you imagine being in a buggy with a horse defacating or passing gas? I am sure women were screaming get us a car. The first road trip to California from NY took 76 days. Done a lot faster now. It's coming, but it will have its growing pains.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. RubyEagle

RubyEagle Medium Load Member

Apr 17, 2010
    Starsky Robotics, Otto and Uber Freight would like to subscribe to your newsletter. The first two are out of business, the other stopped working on automation.

4. TheLoadOut

TheLoadOut Road Train Member

Nov 6, 2019
    Wait til some trooper tries to pull one over and the truck won't stop. Now that is going to be funny.

Rubber duck kw Thanks this.
  5. Trucking in Tennessee

Mar 19, 2018
    Nashville
    The national debt is $27 TRILLION dollars. It goes up $1 million every 11 seconds. That won't stop anyone. We just keep printing money.

201 Thanks this.
  6. Roberts450

Roberts450 Road Train Member

Feb 6, 2016
    @God prefers Diesels hit the nail on the head. Just look at trains they run on tracks and they require an engineer and a conductor and if they dont push buttons every so often the train stops and a train is the easiest thing to fully automate in the transportation industry.

God prefers Diesels Thanks this.
  7. Trucking in Tennessee

Mar 19, 2018
    Nashville
    I don't have a newsletter. Just keeping up with the times.

8. kemosabi49

kemosabi49 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jan 13, 2013
    SW Arkansas
    Not to slam my Cajun neighbors, but running a automated truck down by NOLA is asking for some enterprising scammers to set up a crash.

SGT. Super Slab Thanks this.
  9. Trucking in Tennessee

Mar 19, 2018
    Nashville
    I doubt there will be any automated trucks going into cities. I used to do mail relays. We would meet at a truckstop and swap trailers for the USPS. I can envision something more along those lines. There are many DCs not in major cities.

Step'n Fetch'n Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.