Walmart Transportation careers.

Discussion in 'Wal-Mart' started by fooddriver, Aug 3, 2018.

1. MilkyJay

MilkyJay Road Train Member

Jan 26, 2015
    Everywhere you want to be
    So when i got hired on at sutherland, i started 0900 on saturday which i liked because i got my weekend incentive for both starting days and everything i did throughout the week was on my checks because my week ended on wednesday. Or thursday if i decided to extend. Everyone in Sutherland is quite nice. I just had to check wallace when i got there but now hes gone. He was still a good safety manager. Anyway, most of my week was leaving sutherland and heading north usually towards pa or ohio. Some guys got the miles with no issue because i made it known quick i wanted to run. My trainer was Rickey D and anyone that knows him, he extends religiously every week and probably makes the most per year on the east coast. Great guy. Sometimes you'll have weeks where you dont go much past gordonsville or mount Crawford. Sometimes, if you like to run nights, you can volunteer to come run down here in mebane with us and they will pay you your adp for each full day you run out of here. But only if you volunteer to run nights. So even if your adp is $500 and you run 100 miles in a 10hr day, you still just made your $500 that day. Youll spend a lot of time in thr dc area, virginia beach, and supporting other dcs such as mt crawford or bedford. But making money there isnt a problem. The quiestion is how much you want to make. If you have any other questions, lots of guys have run out of there or currently do. But i did my year and transferred because im not living anywhere near Petersburg. And the raleigh, durham, greensboro area is the best place to live in nc and have a family. Plus the area is booming and is only projected to grow more over the next 10 years. And thats where i want to be.

Bossman027 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Bossman027

Bossman027 Light Load Member

Feb 21, 2016
    I live over by Roanoke Rapids. Thanks for the info. I'll just play it by ear and see how it goes. When you extend, you're just going home for a 34 instead of 2 days correct? I'm assuming they don't really have any issue anytime you wish to do that? Not like you say you want to and they say, nah we're good this week, just go home. LOL

4. slim6596

slim6596 Medium Load Member

Dec 1, 2015
    At my DC, they’re totally ok with you extending whenever you want. I extend most weeks.

laaylor and 06driver Thank this.
  5. 06driver

06driver Road Train Member

May 28, 2017
    This time of year anyone can extend. However if it is slow, or trucks get tight sometimes you might be told no.

But for the next two months, and until we get staffed to the higher levels they want you will be able to.

Bossman027 Thanks this.
  6. MilkyJay

MilkyJay Road Train Member

Jan 26, 2015
    Everywhere you want to be
    Unless it's christmas eve... never seen them decline you wanting to extend. Even the first weeks of January, most will take extensions. And it depends on how much time you have to use on your extension day. I think they want you to have at least 8 to 10 hrs.

06driver and Bossman027 Thank this.
  7. 06driver

May 28, 2017
    6 is required for bonus.

slim6596 Thanks this.
  8. truckdriver31

truckdriver31 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2013
    i wonder if you still get the bonus on mandatory extension weeks

9. 06driver

May 28, 2017
    Not supposed to be any mandatory extensions this year.

10. slim6596

slim6596 Medium Load Member

Dec 1, 2015
    This extension bonus is instead of mandatory extensions.

9691Guido and 06driver Thank this.
  11. CT-Driver860

CT-Driver860 Light Load Member

Aug 28, 2018
    Richmond, VA
    Good info

Last edited: Nov 25, 2018
    Reason for edit: Delete
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.