Walmart's hypocritical hiring practices

Discussion in 'Wal-Mart' started by Raiderman23, Oct 16, 2018.

1. Raiderman23

Raiderman23 Bobtail Member

Oct 16, 2018
    I'm a driver with 15 years of service. I transport hazardous chemicals otr. I've been successful at my job and well compensated for the services I provide. But before I began hauling chemicals I was rejected by Walmart on 3 separate occasions for seemingly very minor infractions which most recently include my trailer rim making light contact with the lower portion of a garbage dumpster. Apparently Walmart sees this as serious enough to disqualify one for employment at their fine establishment. I am entrusted with the safe transport of very dangerous chemicals on a daily basis but not worthy of driving for Walmart. I find that to be amazing.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2018
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    You're fortunate; Walmart didn't hire you,
    Well, that's my opinion anyway. I've never applied to work there and won't.
    Too many "mickey-mouse" rules.

4. I glide 47

I glide 47 Road Train Member

Jun 3, 2017
    I don't always agree with Chinatown, today I do .you are lucky that Wal-Mart didn't hire you

Chinatown Thanks this.
  5. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    I am entrusted with very expensive cargoes and very important delivery customers without which the American People cannot function in daily living. As such I am not hireable or qualified to run a big truck.

You can stack words to that effect however high, beautiful and BS in a way, if a private employer chooses not to hire you for prevntable damage versus a stack of applications from newbie virgins without any kind of accidents so be it.

This was written with a grain of truth and a grain of teasing, sarcasm. As Professionals etc we have no value. Whatever it is you have done in life has no value outside the last three years, 7 years accounting for your time in trucking to prove experience or past lawbreaking and accidents.

I have applied to and been denied employment for reasons even more BS than what you citied for taillights in walmart. In fact. Current Walmart Policy has just recently stopped checking ALL tractor trailers by pretrips in Shops and now YOU the driver is PERSONALLY and FINANCIALLY RESPONSIBLE for tickets incurred to vehicle defects not caught and fixed in pretrips you failed to do.

As a temp working as a crew boss in Adesa of Little Rock, Ive always taken the cautions position that the failures of equipment, personnel and other implemented policies designed to avert same is not my responsibility or problem. =)

So you can argue that employer is protecting you for yourself.

6. MilkyJay

MilkyJay Road Train Member

Jan 26, 2015
    Everywhere you want to be
    You didn't get on with Wal-Mart but obtained another great job as it seems. Why are you still complaining about it years later? It works for some; doesn't work for others. That's just life in general.

laaylor Thanks this.
  7. blairandgretchen

blairandgretchen Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2011
    South west Missouri
    I don’t think they’re quite as fussy these days.

8. Hulld

Hulld Road Train Member

Oct 19, 2015
    Upstate NY
    It used to be well worth the Pain to put up with Walmart’s Mickey Mouse rules for what there was to gain.
    Now not so much...
    In retrospect they did you a bid favor.

9. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    Sam Walton would be rolling over in his grave to see what has happened to this company...

10. 06driver

06driver Road Train Member

May 28, 2017
  11. driverdriver

driverdriver Road Train Member

May 30, 2011
    I read it four times . I can't figure out where the hypocritical part is?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.