Walmarts That Are Truck Accessible

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by bryan21384, Sep 14, 2020.

1. Redtwin

Redtwin Road Train Member

Aug 17, 2012
    PBC, FL
    Don't go to the one in Wytheville VA!!!. The local police keep an eye out and ticket any truck parking there. Company I used to work for had a terminal near there and they had warnings up saying do not go there. Drivers have been followed into the lot by the cops and ticketed as soon as they stopped.

I have yet to find any other Walmart that wouldn't let you shop even if they had no truck signs all over the place. Just go in and ask at the front desk or a manager for permission.

Sirscrapntruckalot Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. zaroba

zaroba Heavy Load Member

Aug 28, 2012
    South East PA
    Sometimes can get away with just parking back by the docks of a no-truck Walmart as long as you don't block anything. Or if there is a road that goes around the Walmart's property you might be able to park on that road and walk to the entrance.

I've done both of these when I needed to stop and do some quick shopping. As well as doing it at Lowes to buy a tool or hardware for repairs.

Wasted Thyme and tarmadilo Thank this.
  4. magoo68

magoo68 Road Train Member

Jun 11, 2011
    st malo mb canada
    Walmart doesn’t exist in my book any corporation that fines you for being early even though the guard didn’t say a word don’t get any business from me..

5. bryan21384

bryan21384 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    I'm glad you mentioned that!!!! I gotta ticket there. I didn't even know it until my company at the time told me that I had received a citation. I got a ticket at the one in New Boston, TX too

6. jon69

jon69 Medium Load Member

Jun 19, 2018
    You don't understand warehouse operations. They only have X amount of employees working at a given time. Why should they touch your truck instead of unloading trucks that are there at the appointed time?

Also there is high turnover and callouts in warehouse operations. At any given time they are running 10-25% understaffed.

Stop being selfish and deliver your load at the appointed time.

Moosetek13 and Mohtrucker Thank this.
  7. bryan21384

bryan21384 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    The thing with delivering at Walmart DCs too.....those assorted loads will always take a long time. I delivered frozen foods to the one in Olney, IL last Saturday. It took 4 hours. That load had multiple POs...to be honest, I'm surprised it only took 4 hrs. So you've put that info about call outside and understaff, combined with the type of load brought in there, it makes sense..the only time it dont take long is when you have something like a water load, or a trailer full of one item.

8. Flat Earth Trucker

Flat Earth Trucker Road Train Member

Nov 19, 2018
    Clovis, NM: Parking on lot allowed. Good bbq joint nearby with friendly waitresses.

Redmond, OR: Some parking available.

Pendleton, OR: Street parking only.

Springfield, OR: I see trucks that do park across from the garden center, but I would not attempt parking there.

Roseburg, OR: Just for shopping.

Springville, UT: Not sure if it's this town, but there is a Walmart that near here that has a sizable lot set aside for trucks. It's on the east side of I-15.

Winnemucca, NV: You can get away with parking here. Parking also available at the Super 8 where you can eat at The Pig and shop at the grocery store one hundred feet away.

Cheyenne, WY: Parking allowed.

Winterhaven, FL: Bobtail only. 5 guys burgers and fries and a Dollar General next to each other. Hoowah!

Batavia, NY: Parked and shopped here once back in 2013. Don't know how it is now.

Bozeman, MT: Never parked at the Walmart here, but there is a large empty lot Dave's Famous Bbq sits on across the street on the same side of the road.

Crawfordsville, IN: Shopped here once. I remember the liquor being on the shelf displayed openly.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2020
    Wasted Thyme Thanks this.
  9. kemosabi49

kemosabi49 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jan 13, 2013
    SW Arkansas
    I haven't driven in while but I remember these had marked truck parking spaces.
    Vandalia, Illinois, I 70 exit61, Okie City, Exit 3 on I 240, Hope, Ar I30 exit 30, Manchester, Tn I24 exit 114. All by the car gas islands,

10. RubyEagle

RubyEagle Medium Load Member

Apr 17, 2010
    If you call ahead and speak to a Manager, explain you need to restock groceries they have always been very cool to me. I get their name and give them a description of my rig. Never been a problem.

spindrift Thanks this.
  11. Plantfoam

Plantfoam Medium Load Member

Aug 18, 2015
    DFW
    I never really had a problem with Walmart DCs and reefer loads...Kroger, on the other kind, was always a mandatory minimum sentence of 5 hours.

bryan21384 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.