Wanna Sign Away Your Rights?

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by Tankergirl80, Feb 12, 2010.

1. Tankergirl80

Tankergirl80 GangstaGirl

Jan 7, 2009
    West Texas
    Had to deliver a load to the Fry's/Kroger DC in Tolleson AZ. Upon checking in at the guard shack they have you sign a gate pass. Read closely... you're signing your rights away. Americus being the security and the lumpers. If while you are walking to the the receiving office they run you over with a fork lift, they don't owe you a dime. If while unloading your trailer they put their forks through the wall, they don't owe you a dime. You sign you rights away at the gate. Not sure what can be done about this because they won't let you in the DC without signing it. It's extortion in my opinion. I will never take a load there again. Just thought I would put this out there so others were aware.

Notice of Non Responsibility

Americus Logistics, LLC, Americus Security, Inc, and Americus Transport, LLC are not
    responsible for any injuries or equipment damages of any kind incurred by you or your
    representatives, employees or agents while on these premises. By entering onto these
    premises you agree that Americus Logistics, LLC, Americus Security, Inc, and Americus
    Transport, LLC are not responsible for such injuries or equipment damages of any kind.

I understand the Distribution Center Rules and Notice of Non Responsibility and agree
    to comply with both.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Jack Smithton

Jack Smithton Light Load Member

Jan 1, 2009
    so cal
    It might not be legally binding, but still . . . who needs this kind of BS?

trucker43 Thanks this.
  4. broncrider

broncrider Road Train Member

just anouther reason i pull a flat........alot less BS, and the customer is normally happy to see me

LOL

trucker43 and 7mouths2feed Thank this.
  5. Peanut Butter

Peanut Butter Road Train Member

Nov 24, 2007
    PO Dunk Idaho
    And when you go to krogers, you will be there for countless hours waiting to get unloaded and if you have more stops after them and they make you late they could care less, they say oh well not our problem.

6. 112racing

112racing Road Train Member

Nov 30, 2008
    pocono's, pa
    just sign your name "mickey mouse"

trucker43, Dr Demented and 1989 Pete Thank this.
  7. Jfaulk99

Jfaulk99 Road Train Member

May 16, 2009
    Couch
    A lot of places have these. AK Steel for one.

8. Brickman

Brickman Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 17, 2006
    WY

Don't ever go to that one pipe yard in Kimball NE. They feel its their right to f up your trailer and tear off your rub rail, and not owe you the first penny in repair money. "Oh well, that happens" Even the owner is a prick of the first order.
    I was so mad that I nearly drug my trailer over his brand new pickup. Accidentally of course.

NEVER went back.

High Seas and trucker43 Thank this.
  9. lovesthedrive

lovesthedrive R.I.P.

Nov 11, 2008
    Sorrento Maine
    When they wonder why they dont have any more business and have to lay off people, they might catch on. Yet by then in this economy it may be too late.

10. wndrwtr

wndrwtr Light Load Member

Mar 12, 2007
    Texas
    Or my favorite: Jack M. Eoff

trucker43 and 112racing Thank this.
  11. javelinjeff

javelinjeff Medium Load Member

Aug 30, 2007
    victorville,ca
    good ole Americus logistics,,i had them bust open containers of hydrogen peroxide while unloading and they threw the leaking containers back in my trailer from the dock,like baseballs.when i objected,i was ordered out of the building and they called security when i threatened to leave the containers in a trash bin next to the recieving office door.this load was photographed during the loading process by the shipper to verify no damaged cases were loaded.Now i understand as to why the shipper did this,,,when i called the broker,,their response was,"they did that again?"

trucker43 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.