Wannabe Wanting to Hot Shot With Dually

Discussion in 'Expediter and Hot Shot Trucking Forum' started by bondsman601, Mar 17, 2010.

1. truckerdaddy24

truckerdaddy24 Road Train Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Avondale Az.
    Hey, if this helps, I was looking at a larger truck and was told the value of the truck determines the amount they charged for insurance, I'm brand new to the hauling game too, I got a quote for $950.00 a month for a truck valued at $80K with a $1000.00 deductable that also had a cumlative deductable so if more then one thing happened like an accident and cargo damage I only paid the one deductable. I'm looking at cheaper trucks but you may want to boost your HP to a little bigger then a Duelly.. I have been looking at Freights and K/W's and Petes all the mid sizers but they seem pretty cheap with lower miles. I hope this helps. TD

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. BonnieBelle

BonnieBelle Bobtail Member

Mar 30, 2010
    Lake Charles, LA
    I have some questions concerning insurance for my husbands newly venture hotshoting. Can anyone help?

4. truckerdaddy24

truckerdaddy24 Road Train Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Avondale Az.
    Shoot, We will try. that is all we can do. Thanks. TD.

5. misterG

misterG Road Train Member

Jan 21, 2009
    ask my dispatcher
    Call progressive insurance. They can ansewer all the cost issues that you might have. My quote was $120/m, with no freight ins, as I wasn't hauling general comodities. The specs were '97 suburban, and 2010 car trailer, hauling sawdust and scrap steel. I did get discounts for having a commercial license (5yrs), and other insurance through them as well (multi-policy).

6. BonnieBelle

BonnieBelle Bobtail Member

Mar 30, 2010
    Lake Charles, LA
    Oh my gosh...well my husband has jumped in with both feet dry so to speak and has started hotshoting fema trailors with a partner that also has his own truck....well now I'm stuck at home trying to figure out insurance, what kind, where, how much, etc., how to get hookups to start hauling for other people....I can't begin...I found this site and started reading to learn..so far I know the term deadhead and what that means...lol..thats about it..so I'm trying to learn from the experts on here.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.