Want to become a trucker, got a warning from MTO today. Will this affect my prospects?

Discussion in 'Canadian Truckers Forum' started by Funko, Jul 14, 2019.

1. Funko

Funko Bobtail Member

Jul 14, 2019
    First off sorry if there's somewhere else I should post this, I tried looking up details and such on Google couldn't really find anything...

I'm a delivery driver right now (like cube vans is what I drive), but have been planning to get my AZ and am really close to being able to do so.

But I got pulled over by the MTO today, I was doing 90 in an 80. He gave me a warning but not just a verbal warning there was an actual document listing the violation and my info and the companies info etc... Except it just says "warning given".

Is this something that is going to affect my future employment? Are these types of warnings actually on my record?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. upnorthwpg

upnorthwpg Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2011
    You should notify your carrier. Generally warnings are recorded in the system, but don’t show on an abstract. However if your popped in the future, the officer will see you were warned in the past and you will probably be cited.

BigHossVolvo and Funko Thank this.
  4. Canadianhauler21

Canadianhauler21 Heavy Load Member

May 15, 2017
    I got a warning in my personal vehicle a couple weeks before I started my AZ job, for unsafe lane change. From what I've been told, warnings stay in the system for 1 year and if you do it again you'll get a ticket.

I think you'll be fine man. I never had any problems or mentions.

Funko and BigHossVolvo Thank this.
  5. magoo68

magoo68 Road Train Member

Jun 11, 2011
    st malo mb canada
    What was the warning for ... Impeding traffic is my guess in Ontario ..

Phantom Trucker and tinytim Thank this.
  6. Funko

Funko Bobtail Member

Jul 14, 2019
    Lol yeah I'm used to faster pace living my whole life in Ontario, guess that's why I got careless. It said something like moving violation, specified 90 in 80 zone, and said warning given.

magoo68 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.