want to talk to drivers about roehl

Discussion in 'Roehl' started by newbie driver, Feb 7, 2008.

1. nate596

nate596 Light Load Member

Mar 23, 2008
    Wisconsin
    Oops, Etch, I just looked more closely at the figures above you posted about how much you allegedly earn on the honor program. So you are saying you earn roughly $1100 per week? What a joke. Thats blatant bull##### if Ive ever smelled it. Thats nearly what you make in 2 weeks. Thats about what you take home in two weeks. Van Drivers in the honor program top out around the seven hundreds per week.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ETCH5858

ETCH5858 Medium Load Member

Feb 25, 2009
    Again your wrong look at what a honor program van participant makes a day durings month 18-24(160.00 per day) Then mutiply that by 7, that is how many days I stay out minimum normally I am out 8-9 days though. It should equal more than $1000 more like $1050 a week. Do the math it adds up. That Mr. Nate is pure FACT, I have no reason to lie. Why are you so worried about my pay? Please stop lying to make Roehl look bad. I am sorry it didn't work out for you. It is time for you to move on. You never worked for Crete so your insight on them is mearly a guess and not fact.

4. ETCH5858

ETCH5858 Medium Load Member

Feb 25, 2009
    Also, the honor program now pays weekly and was given a raise a few months ago to reflect actual days worked. So the more you work the more you make.

5. Oldguynewjob

Oldguynewjob Light Load Member

Oct 7, 2008
    Il.
    grc56 I have been with Roehl for just over a year, I am in the national fleet out 11 home 3 and on the per diem plan. I think either company would be a good one to work for. I can only tell you about Roehl as it is the only trucking company I have worked for. I worked in factories all my life until last year and the thing that I liked most about Roehl was there hometime. Going from being home every night to being gone for several weeks at a time was not attractive to me or my wife. Crete had there drivers out 14+ days for 2 days home. I have since talked to several Crete drivers who are very happy there and find that they stay out two to three weeks at a time. If you are just starting in trucking your hometime may be very important to the lifestyle adjustment you will be making. Roehl didn't "push" the per diem on me but I asked my tax person about it and was told my state does not figure the deductions for road expenses, making the amount I save in taxes greater than the reduced cost. I have don't think Roehl gave me a proper accounting of why they charge .015 per mile. Please dont base your decision on info in this thread, call your tax person. You do not have to go with per diem so the choice is yours. Roehl has done what they told me they woud do as far as pay per mile,Safety, and home time. They are far from perfect but I guess thats the way most large companies are. Good Luck whatever you choose.

grc56_tn Thanks this.
  6. grc56_tn

grc56_tn Light Load Member

Jun 24, 2009
    all over
    My wife and I feel Roehl is right for us. I did talk to my tax man and he showed me that the per diem is not right for my situation. I am scheduled for orientation in Ellenwood on July 20th. Thanks all for the pros and cons on both Roehl and Crete. I think either company is a good fit for me. I'm sure I'll be busy over the next month but I'll try to post my progress. I'll probably start a new trhread for that using my id. Thanks again to all for the posts

7. October Guy

October Guy Bobtail Member

Oct 30, 2008
    N/A
    grc56_tn,

Good luck to you and your wife, remember this is a big change for her as well. The hardest part (the decision) is now behind you. Keep a positive attitude throughout EVO I & II, life and the job get infinitely easier when you're in your own truck.

Keep us all posted on how you're doing.

Best Regards and Drive Safe,

O. G.

8. grc56_tn

Jun 24, 2009
    all over
    I am going to have to re-evaluate this ....Roehl just told me per diem is the only pay option they offer.....

9. spinpsychle

spinpsychle Medium Load Member

Oct 29, 2008
    New Brighton, MN
    If they'd told me that when I signed up, I would've reevaluated as well.

10. grc56_tn

Jun 24, 2009
    all over
    Accountant said if I can live with obvious drawbacks (less reportable gross for loans etc.) to have extra withholding on w4 to account for year end taxation on per diem....irs Publication 1542 discusses per diem but it's gobbly guck to me ..... that's why I consult tac accountant

11. grc56_tn

Jun 24, 2009
    all over
    spin .... are you on the per diem? ..... I'm in disbelief that they are now forcing the per diem plan ...... this plan will also make it tougher to get my own truck down the road if I choose since my reportable gross is less ....... I'm hoping once I get to orientation, I'll find I have the option to decline the per diem .....

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.