Wanting to change into different hauling..

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by Budha, Jun 24, 2012.

1. Budha

Budha Light Load Member

Jun 23, 2012
    Here
    Hey guys , new here to the forums , been lurking around but finaly registred. I live here in Amarillo, TX and drive a truck for a local construction company. Belly dumps and tandems at the moment , been at the company going on over 2.5 years. Im wanting to change it up and start to haul fuel , oil , things of that sort. Im 23 years old and studying right now to get my hazmat , so it wont be anytime soon ill be switching , but I will eventualy. Its not so much that I got questions as I was just wanting to introduce my self and get a little convo started. Im hoping to find one localy due to having my daughter here and I love being able to see her everyday afterwork. When applying for companies that do these type of things , is it hard at my age to get on with them with what experience I do have?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. kajidono

kajidono Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2009
    Streetrat
    I don't see any problems. Two years on the road with no major accidents/tickets/DUI's/violent felonies? Plenty of companies willing to hire a guy with 2 years exp, a clear license/record, and a shiny new hazmat endorsement. There's a few around here offering to train drivers with no exp pulling fuel as long as they have a bit of exp driving.

4. Kittyfoot

Kittyfoot Crusty Ancient

Sep 21, 2009
    Sorrento, Louisiana
    Yup, should be no biggie. Gas and oil isn't that hard unless you remember that a gal of gasoline has the same explosive power of 3 sticks of dynamite and that when doing service stations every know-nothing idiot in there has the ability to kill you and everyone handy by doing something stupid. :biggrin_2555:

Other than that... no problems.:biggrin_2554:

5. Svoray

Svoray Medium Load Member

Feb 3, 2011
    Texas
    Your driving experience is way better than mine when I first got a job hauling Diesel for the oilfield. So I wouldn't sweet it. Now there is a slight difference hauling liquids vs hauling dry van or dirt etc but you will by the hang of it.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.