Wanting to Thank Truckers

Discussion in 'Questions To Truckers From The General Public' started by 401, Apr 3, 2008.

1. BullGoose

BullGoose Light Load Member

May 2, 2008
    New Effington, SD
    Aaawww Shucks,

Getting an atta boy really does make a guys day. thanx a ton.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. TLGken

TLGken Light Load Member

May 18, 2008
    Dallas, TX
    Thanks for letting us know! I believe there are more proffessional drivers out there than the public sees. It is a shame that the truckers that make everybody look bad are the ones that get in the media the most!

4. baseballswthrt

baseballswthrt Light Load Member

Apr 27, 2008
    Newport News, VA
    I would like to reiterate what 401 said. I drove my daughter and grand daughter from Las Vegas to Newport News pulling a U Haul trailer behind a mini van. The truckers on the road were extremely helpful with lane changes and in the truck stop parking lots. I usually try to stay near the big trucks. I feel like they have safer drivers and are more alert and diligent as to what is going on around them. Thanks for all you do!

5. Socy Grad

Socy Grad Medium Load Member

I would also like to extend this "thanks"

I have been interviewing drivers for my research project, and I can't tell you how many nice, genuine folks that I have come across already. I can't wait to meet even more people and hear even more stories.

Thanks for all of your hard work and a big "Cheers" to all of you!

:occasion5:

AfterShock Thanks this.
  6. Jacob69

Jacob69 Bobtail Member

Oct 12, 2008

Hi, I'm new to the forum. I'm not a trucker, always tossed around the idea though. I move all over the country as it is, which not much reason. I'm now in Boardman Or.

But I had to agree, and say it as well, thank you truckers. Whether following one in a snow storm, or feeling a little safer on the road at night or bs'ing with ya'll at a stop, it is appreciated by some of us.

Cybergal Thanks this.
  7. Cybergal

Cybergal Road Train Member

Oct 20, 2008
  8. passingtrucker

passingtrucker Light Load Member

Nov 16, 2007
    Diamond Bar, California
    Hello 401:biggrin_25519:
    I noticed you're based out of Toronto, Canada. Unless I've been misinformed, Canadian truckers are mostly union drivers. In the USA, only a few select LTL (less than truck load) carriers like UPS, Yellow, Roadway, and grocery supermarket chains are union, while the vast majority are non-union. Being a union driver will make a biiiig difference in driver attitude. Non-union drivers are more aggressive and easily agitated because they work longer hours. Sleep deprivation is detrimental to health and psychological mindframe. Drivers up in Canada are likely more polite and civil because they're mostly unionized. If you go to Google news or Yahoo news, and enter "trucker, semi 18 wheeler, or big rig" you'll find a significant number of truck accidents in the continental USA, where the longer hours often lead to bad decisions by OTR drivers.

9. plowboy_84

plowboy_84 Light Load Member

Oct 28, 2008
    Terra Alta, WV
  10. Jacob69

Jacob69 Bobtail Member

Oct 12, 2008

Don't forget Boardman, Or. Not a big tourist area, but alot of trucks go through. We need the trucks in this town, period.

11. Knife Edge

Knife Edge Heavy Load Member

I didnt know where to post this....... but found this forum and figured this is the best i will find....... If my bf is within the area of 6-7 hours and i can get there to see him i will go.... thing is its not always the same place... I went to St Louis last weekend... hate driving through Louisville... and was dreading the way back... he tells me find your lane and keep your eyes on the road...... i left a bit late... and i knew i would hit Louisville in the dark..... ewwwwww hated it in the day light ....lol... by some odd chance id followed a Prime driver... he was wonderful.... i figured out how he drove by the miles id followed him ..... when i hit Louisville i figured hed branch off and id be doing on the phone LOL......... but he took me right though it ...... I remembered his trailer number and called Prime and spoke to some one on the switch board... told her how great he was ....he even left enough room for me to get in with him ...... i know i tail gated this poor man .... but told the girl to tell him sorry about that .... he was great to follow.... sadly people dont call up and tell them how good a driver they got........ sadly they call up and complain...... so much for the ones that have to deal with us 4 wheel nightmares on the road cus ive met some of them to ......and thanks to all the truck drivers that put up with people like me who dont know where they are going or get Lost LOL ....and pick them and their truck to follow.....

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.