Warning booting at truck stop $600.00

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by 18 wheels hummin, Mar 27, 2022.

1. Dna Mach

Dna Mach Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Texas
    Just caught a video on Tik Tok about this place. Googled it and the reviews confirmed…..it’s a real dump!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. MartinFromBC

MartinFromBC Road Train Member

Oct 19, 2018

It takes a grinder, sawzall, or tools to remove it.

My memory is a little fuzzy on it, being that it was about 30 years ago. But a guy in Nelson got his car booted. He went down the street to a hardware store that does tool rentals, cost him very little to rent a sawzall for 5 minutes to cut it off.
    I stopped to talk with him, nice guy, we had a good laugh over it.
    An entrepreneurial type of person, would go there every morning with a saw, and cut them off for $40.
    What a great cash business and little work.

4. Lennythedriver

Lennythedriver Road Train Member

Feb 14, 2020
    You really have to send places like this a message by leaving them empty. That’s not how you do business and attract customers in America. There’s a truckstop right after you go over the bridge on 301 that bypasses DC. It’s in a prime location. Thousands of trucks a day go by there. It’s the only truckstop within about 60 miles. It’s a huge lot. With a big building and a equipped restaurant inside. It’s empty all the time. Wanna know why? Because before you even back into your spot comes flying Lying out of the building to collect his $15 for you to park there even if it’s just for a few minutes. He literally is standing at the side of your truck before you even get positioned. No truckers will park there now. And the guy is going bankrupt. The same thing needs to happen to the place that’s booting truckers and then trapping them by not having proper signage

5. PaulMinternational

PaulMinternational Heavy Load Member

Aug 23, 2022
    The proper signage is in question. Might have a case!

18 wheels hummin and MartinFromBC Thank this.
  6. aussiejosh

aussiejosh Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2009
    Airlie Beach QLd
    Yes the very small sign at the entrance is a sure bet it is entrapment why do they not have a large sign that can clearly be seen? However technically legally speaking they can still prove they have a sign up. Glad you mentioned this as now other truck drivers will be alerted to this very elaborate scam.

7. lilillill

lilillill Sarcasm... it's not just for breakfast

Nov 7, 2007
    Possum Booger, Alabama
    I know another place that was like that. I just looked them up and... well what do you know... PERMANENTLY CLOSED.

In the words of the immortal Nelson, "Ha ha!" FCAF7FC9-B19F-477B-8FAD-BEE146B393F7.jpeg

8. bthomann

bthomann Medium Load Member

Sep 26, 2020
    Phenix City, Alabama, huh? Nice! That place is a disaster right from the word go. You're a lot braver than I am
    to go there. The staff is always rude and the little diner that used to be next door is gone.

18 wheels hummin and 48Packard Thank this.
  9. nredfor88

nredfor88 Road Train Member

Sep 26, 2019
    USA
    Lots of pictures of recently booted trucks this year on Trucker Path. One person posted a picture of the sign. It’s on the post by the dumpster that is located near the entrance. Easy to miss when you’re paying attention to traffic and looking for where to go. Total scam. $598 charge to remove it.

18 wheels hummin and 48Packard Thank this.
  10. northstarfire0693

northstarfire0693 Heavy Load Member

Jul 1, 2006
    AZ
    I would cut that BS off. What are they going to do ?

TheLoadOut and AModelCat Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.