Was going to write up my entire story

Discussion in 'Lease Purchase Trucking Forum' started by Gunner75, Apr 12, 2017.

1. Gunner75

Gunner75 Road Train Member

Mar 17, 2014
    Jackson Center Ohio
    Then I decided to say to hell with it. I lived it once I don't want to relive it. So here's the gist...
    I tried a lease purchase with eagle logistics in Sept 2015, did alright for about a month, then after soon infighting, things went to #### quick. Due to a combination of lack of experience, and restrictions that were placed on us drivers from eagle, I got behind on my house payments. So far behind that once I got to 6 months behind my mortgage company placed me into foreclosure. We've been fighting with our mortgage company for months in order to get things back on track.

As of yesterday this nightmare with being foreclosed on has come to an end with a positive resolution. The bank finally approved my loan modification. So in essence my family and I get to keep our home. It's been hard fought, my payments go up a little bit, but my interest rate dropped over a half of a percent.

In the end I made a mistake, and admitting that I made a mistake that put my family at risk is a bitter pill to swallow. Unless you're single and live in the truck out If you have a family, it's best to make sure you either have a large sum of cash to fall back on, or another revenue stream that you can live on while trying to do a lease. I almost cost my kids their school, and the life that they've had for the last 15 years.

Just my story, take it for what you will

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. MysticHZ

MysticHZ Road Train Member

May 28, 2010
    Eagle isn't a condemnation on leasing in general. The numbers on Eagle/Quality never added up.

But, I do agree. If you have a family and are the sole or primary provider, leasing or starting a business at all is probably too large a risk.

Highway_Executive and G13Tomcat Thank this.
  4. G13Tomcat

G13Tomcat Road Train Member

Jun 7, 2011
    Ohio
    Gunner, you're a man for owning what didn't work, and what is now. And you're stronger than me for even trying. I've never made that quantum leap.
    Kudos, and God Bless.

Bean Jr., bzinger and passingthru69 Thank this.
  5. Gunner75

Mar 17, 2014
    Jackson Center Ohio
    I didn't do bad really. My first month after signing I didn't go negative once. Then when eagle prohibited us from using tql, which was who I was using for loads to get back into eagle's customer freight areas, that's when things went to hell. I was told no when booking loads more times than I could count. The only ones who would consistently book me was tql, ch Robinson, coyote, and a select few landstar brokers. Others kept telling me no because eagle drivers had a reputation for booking loads and then not showing up.

Highway_Executive and Mann0567 Thank this.
  6. Atlanta trucker

Atlanta trucker Road Train Member

Jan 25, 2017
    You went to public school for how many years ?
    How much did they teach you about money ?
    There is a reason why public school teaches nothing about money and everything connected to it.

Dharok and Highway_Executive Thank this.
  7. Gunner75

Mar 17, 2014
    Jackson Center Ohio
    What exactly are you trying to say driver?

driverdriver and G13Tomcat Thank this.
  8. Atlanta trucker

Atlanta trucker Road Train Member

Jan 25, 2017
    Americana
    When I went to public school many years ago there was never a single word about what I consider to be some of the most important topics in our lives. Like money. We spend most of our adult lives working for and working with money and nothing about money was ever covered , that's what I was trying to say.

Highway_Executive Thanks this.
  9. G13Tomcat

G13Tomcat Road Train Member

Jun 7, 2011
    Ohio
    And once again, there isn't either.... thanks to Common Core Math...and my 6th grader!

10. Gunner75

Mar 17, 2014
    Jackson Center Ohio
    My school required us to take an entire semester of personal finance, that included checking account management and learning how to balance a checkbook

tucker Thanks this.
  11. Pintlehook

Pintlehook Road Train Member

May 2, 2013
    May I ask your age, Sir? I'm 44 and took a similar class in High School. I believe it also covered how to file taxes.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.