was thinking of driving with central what are your thoughts

Discussion in 'Central Refrigerated' started by newbtrucker, Oct 25, 2013.

1. newbtrucker

newbtrucker Bobtail Member

Oct 25, 2013
    I just graduated CDL training last week (not through central) and was looking at companies that hire recent graduates. I was looking at central as one of my candidates. So I guess what I want to know is how this company is to drive for. now remember I already have my CDL and am not goin through company paid training. If you drive/have driven for them I would really appreciate any input.. thanks in advance

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Lady K

Lady K Road Train Member

Never driven for anyone else, but have been with Central almost three years... You get what you put into it... And that includes the attitude you bring to the game ;-)

4. skibum_63

skibum_63 Road Train Member

Oct 12, 2007
    somewhere, USA
    the game probly will change since Swift just bought them out

5. newbtrucker

Oct 25, 2013
    I wish people would stop sayong swift bought them out. This simply isn't the case. A chairholder of swift bought majority shares on CRF but they act as totally different entities. there is much written on this and really isn't news. I don't even drive with them yet and I know all this.. p.s meant to enlighten not to offend.

L84AD8 Thanks this.
  6. About Time

About Time Light Load Member

Oct 16, 2007
    Sacramento,CA
    You need to read some more. Your halfway there.

Central is probably one of the better starter companies. But your first year is still gonna be rough.

7. newbtrucker

Oct 25, 2013
    Thanks everyone I really appreciate all the input. Right now I am trying to decide between werner and central refrigaration

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.