Watch out for Knight!

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by true blue, Oct 21, 2017.

1. Slowpoke KW

Slowpoke KW Road Train Member

Dec 7, 2015
    OK
    I've had two overweight tickets in Oklahoma both were wrote to the company with me listed as the company representative
    But it's been about 6-7 years since I got the last one

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. bigblue19

bigblue19 Road Train Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Midland WA
    The company policy is for the driver to pay the ticket and submit a copy of said ticket with proof of payment. Then they reimburse the driver. Knight pays a weight fine only if you call ahead and have them fax or e-mail a release of liability to the scalehouse. Which is what you do when you pu a sealed trailer that you did not secure that has any chance of being over axle.
    This driver also changed carriers and did not check to make sure his license had no tickets He also falsified his employment application. Which asks you if you have any unpaid fines or outstanding tickets.
    Your license should be checked every job change and every 6mos just like your credit for if nothing else, bad imput data.
    Oregon gives you up to 600lbs over axle before they fine you on first offense I got a release on a 800lb over axle on a multi stop load and a warning for 400lb on another. I have never paid for a overweight fine in 26yrs.
    He was also a big Knight recruiting shill till he left and then admited he just hyped the company for personal gain. So screw the douche. Karma is a b-ach.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2017
    Steel Dragon Thanks this.
  4. steelcitytrucka

steelcitytrucka Light Load Member

Oct 9, 2017
    Well first and foremost know what you’re weights are before driving into a scale. Second scale your load ASAP when leaving a shipped. This should be labeled watch out rookies and lazy/dumb sacks that just wing it then eventually it bites them in the ### or don’t scale at all and are like omg I’m overweight

Steel Dragon Thanks this.
  5. steelcitytrucka

steelcitytrucka Light Load Member

Oct 9, 2017
    I forgot to mention this video is probably a bunch of bs. If this ticket would have gone unpaid knight transportation as a whole would have been put oos all these years as it falls on the company not the driver license suspended

Steel Dragon and x1Heavy Thank this.
  6. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    ive paid a little overweight here and there no biggie.

It's when my truck breaks a state scale and the state has no choice other than to write the amount in fines against the company at the last readout prior to failure. In my case it was 3000 cool dollars in late 1980's money. Which adjusting for inflation would be close to roughly 15000 dollars.

Oldironfan and Steel Dragon Thank this.
  7. Milr72

Milr72 Medium Load Member

Dec 16, 2011
    S W Missouri
    I believe him to be a "Drama Queen"! Wouldn't his license and dmv report been run when he changed jobs?

8. Hoofbeats

Hoofbeats Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Iraq
    They company would have ran it,along with their insurance company.

9. Bo Hunt

Bo Hunt Light Load Member

Aug 6, 2015
    No it isn't. At least not in Maryland or Saskatchewan. Ticket was to me. Goes on companies record, but driver is solely responsible for payment.

10. bigblue19

bigblue19 Road Train Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Midland WA
    I made the mistake of bringing my truck to Ca to work on a 3 year contract to haul furniture for a now defunked retailer. Paid for a application packet admin fee by check for $10. And for some reason it was not entered as paid in Sacramento. When I went to renew my license it was suspended and now had a $230 bond. Ca is not required to notify you of any outstanding fines, suspension or tickets. It is viewed as a courtesy if they do.
    So I had to get a copy of the $10 check that they cashed, drive to Sacramento and show them it was paid. And that it was their incompetence that led to the suspension .
    Here is the kicker. I had to wait 4 more yrs for the suspension to dissappear off the abstract because they do not remove it. They just code it as being invalid. So 2 years later I had to show on applications that my license was suspended by Ca, and explain why it was an erroneous suspension in the first place.

11. aussiejosh

aussiejosh Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2009
    Airlie Beach QLd
    Sounds like one of those tales about lost paper work in the system it happens and unfortunately the poor driver suffers the consequences if he don't keep track of the infringement. Its best to keep a diary book and write down everything that happens in day to day driving activies that way you've got a record and won't forget to check up on the payment of the fine.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.