Watch this before you buy electric Car/Truck

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by Shackdaddy, May 24, 2022.

1. Shackdaddy

Shackdaddy Medium Load Member

Aug 5, 2021
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Accidental Trucker

Accidental Trucker Road Train Member

Jun 4, 2015
    All Teslas have manual door releases. The car didn’t “lock him in”, he panicked and/or didn’t know there is a manual latch.

Flat Earth Trucker and tscottme Thank this.
  4. Waterman_99

Waterman_99 Light Load Member

Oct 24, 2021
    From the scenery, that road doesn't even look like it's in America. It belongs to some 3rd world country lol.

ProfessionalNoticer Thanks this.
  5. Doealex

Doealex Medium Load Member

Feb 21, 2018
    Looks like some Canuck couldn’t afford his payments for his model Y Tesla to me. Just kidding!!! I always said that electric cars would be more prone to fires than regular gasoline vehicles especially in areas where they use reagents on their roads in the wintertime.
    With the increase in the number of electric cars on the road, there have been more electric car fires, according to Business Insider, which noted that the Vancouver fire was the third Tesla fire of last week.

6. Ridgeline

Ridgeline Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    yes those teslas are fire hazards, but ford, GM and fiat seem to have it beat with more in one month than all of the teslas that burned.

Last Call Thanks this.
  7. bonder45

bonder45 Road Train Member

Oct 2, 2011
    Williston, ND
    THIS IS your warning - DO NOT BUY a semi truck.

This driver DIED because his fat ars couldn't move out of his sleeper

TMFOSDM44VFW3EPQFRHPHR7ECY.jpg

8. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    actually, Toyota cars back a few years ago, had issues with the power door locks. they would lock the doors as you put the car into drive (all my Toyotas did/do this, and they would not open, not even the manual door handle inside..!!

then, when you put the car transmission into PARK, they are all supposed to unlock, again, ALL 4 of my past/current Toyota's do this.

you can manually disable this feature by going into the settings, by pressing the buttons manually and forgo the automatic locking feature, but frankly i can't think of anyone that actually does this, not even me.....

this also goes along with a new owner to............. READ THE OWNERS MANUAL...!!!!!!

9. Last Call

Last Call Road Train Member

Mar 15, 2021
    How come the Presidential limo is not electric.. since we have this big green plan being pushed ??
    Or is this another 1 of the things that is marked as ... Do as I say not as I do ...things ?

10. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    that "beast" weighs more than the Queen Mary....

they'd need electric motors larger than the Empire State building to prevent fires..!!!!!!

11. Last Call

Last Call Road Train Member

Mar 15, 2021
    And my answer to that is... Do away with all the arommment and bullet proof glass make it a convertible..lighten the the thing up some.. We are all asked to make sacrifices & cut back ..

Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2022
    classic_150, RockinChair and buddyd157 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.