Watch what you say on the air. Big brother is listening.

Discussion in 'CB Radio Forum' started by TankerP, Jan 24, 2021.

1. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

2. lilillill

lilillill Sarcasm... it's not just for breakfast

Nov 7, 2007
    Possum Booger, Alabama
    Well dang it! No wonder the Snowman hasn't been on the air in West Memphis. The FCC got him.

3. gummy bear

gummy bear Light Load Member

Nov 8, 2008
    kentucky
    Big tech can't censor amateur radio and the mainstream media can't control the narrative on amateur radio.

4. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    actually kinda funny...i cannot recall ever even getting a chance to talk on my radio, due to all the insipid former Navy Seals, Ranger Rambos, Green Beret, and other former military guys talking smack about each other..then of course, let's all recall pa-pa-booey interrupting conversations as well...

and the FCC thinks that criminals are using radios for communications..???

[​IMG]..[​IMG]

5. drivingmissdaisy

drivingmissdaisy Road Train Member

Jun 10, 2019
    Yea whatever happened to him?

People don't realize that RDF's have been in existance for many many years. RDF's or radio direction finders use low tech circuitry to point to the source of a signal. With an RDF in an aircraft that could locate the general vacinity of his radio within an hour or so from anywhere. Then using GPS get a car on the ground in the area to look for antennas and using other RDF equipment finalize his location.

Although CB's are not regulated like HAM radio they ARE still regulated a little bit. Especially when you're cooking people's chickens while still in their freezers. That kind of power will get the FCC involved every time.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2021
    NavigatorWife Thanks this.
  6. Ridgeline

Ridgeline Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    A knee jerk reaction to a created situation and a lack of enforcement presence means it is business as usual.

7. Central_Scrutinizer

Central_Scrutinizer Light Load Member

Aug 30, 2019
    It must always appear that noses are to grindstones until the sparks fly. Some truth across all sectors.

8. Don379

Don379 Heavy Load Member

Jan 7, 2021
    So what you are telling me its against the law to use my cb to coordinate a armord truck heist?
    Oh big deal, like thats the last of someones worries if they get caught lmao

NavigatorWife Thanks this.
  9. jason6541

jason6541 Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Omaha, NE
    So what your saying is not to use my sweet sixteen. Don’t melt my neighbors TV

10. Coal Region Deplorable

Coal Region Deplorable Light Load Member

I can't even remember the last time I turned a CB radio on. 10 years 20 years maybe longer.

Northern Nomad Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.