Watch your back

Discussion in 'Western Express' started by Road Rash, Jun 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Road Rash

Road Rash Bobtail Member

Jun 5, 2007
    Northern Alabama
    Fast and loose - Western Express. Pay isn't great, miles up and down, hometime sometimes and if you are really good - you can get a west coast load (van drivers anyhow). A real negative can quickly become comments by your fleet/driver manager regarding on-time performance which become permanent company record. If you get under a late or stale load, make certain you don't get stuck with "late" because a driver manager doesn't have the guts to admit it was dispatched late or the initial pick-up was blown by another driver. Oh yeah - nice new trailers!!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ruggrat007

ruggrat007 <strong>Ms. Diplomacy</strong>

May 30, 2007
    So. Louisiana
    That's messed up!!!!:biggrin_2554:

4. jetgang

jetgang Bobtail Member

May 28, 2007
    Gainesboro, tn.
    :biggrin_255: Road rash if u worked in the van division at Western then yes u didnt get many loads out west they specialize in east coast freight. I have been with Western for over 2yrs. now. And have ony gone as far west as texas and oklahoma. I dont much care for going to west coast any more. Did that racket for 20 yrs and got very tired of it. In fact i'm more than happy just running fro this side of the big muddy to the east coast and back and make just as much money. Yes I do agree there pay scale could be better... But pay is not everything in the trucking busy that u have to look at ! they have excellant equipment to work with. there trucks and trailers are well maintaned. They do have excellant people to work with. As for the home time I dont have a problem with them. I give them a weeks notice for home time just like they ask of me and I'm home. there benifits are excellant in my opinion. The 401k plan I signed up for is doing well. And most of all my wife is very happy with how well the company has treated me. I fact last year when my wifes father was dying of cancer she went back to Harrisburg, pa. to take care of him and we closed up our house here in Tennessee. I explained the matter with Western and they kept me loaded back and forth thur harrisburg so could spend time with her and her family till her father passed on.Road Rash...after nearly 30yrs of working for different trucking companies I dont know of many of them that would make an effort to help a driver like that. just somthing to consider when u look at the big picture. jetgang

5. truckerswife1

truckerswife1 Bobtail Member

Aug 8, 2007
    Birmingham, AL
    I was just curious as to whick termianl you run out of? My husband has two years in w/ Western and recently when his dispatcher changed his home time has been terrible. He will run three weeks and just get one day home, he will tell them the day he wants back in on the day he is leaving and it doesn't happen. Just curious if you don't mind answering.

6. jetgang

jetgang Bobtail Member

May 28, 2007
    Gainesboro, tn.

My driver manager is based in decatur,however i mostly recieve all of my dispatches from the planners in nashville, I give them at least 1 weeks notice when I want home time and I get there. Thats the way they say to do it and I dont have any problems. After my home time and I go back out I send them a mesg. on the sat. Requesting my next time off... NOT A PHONE CALL So that way it becomes a matter of record. That way the driver manager can't say the driver didnt request time off soon enough. Truckerswife I'm sorry to hear your husband is having problems with his manager. what he should do is go in and say somthing to the director of operations... I'm sur he knows who i'm talking about. best of luck.... jetgang

7. truckerswife1

truckerswife1 Bobtail Member

Aug 8, 2007
    Birmingham, AL
    Thank you for the information. My husband runs out of Atmore now, used to run out of Decatur, his dispatcher was T.C. Like I said earlier, he was getting good home time till his dispatcher changed a few months ago now it is hard for him to get here. I will pass on the info you gave me.

8. skullitor

skullitor Medium Load Member

Aug 5, 2005
    New England
    Do they have a terminal in New England?

9. jrukka

jrukka Bobtail Member

Sep 18, 2007
    tampa.fl
    I have been with this company for 6 weeks and have yet to see the first pay check. I really think this company wants to try and make their drivers work for FREE, and it's not fair. If anyone else goes to work for these people they need to check them out better and not go by word of mouth from another driver.

10. jetgang

jetgang Bobtail Member

May 28, 2007
    Gainesboro, tn.

jrukka, I simply cannot believe for a minute that you have been with western express for 6 weeks and have not gotten paid... let me ask you somthing have you gotten into the trip pack drop boxs on time with your trip envelopes by thursday of each week ? Are you getting an exceesive amount fo cash advances each week ? Are you turning down loads that you dont want ?? Have you taken the time to call payroll and ask them what the problem is ??????????? Enough said..Enough asked I think , jetgang

11. Etosha

Etosha World Citizen

Aug 19, 2007
    Edmonton, AB
    According to Jrukka's profile he/she's not a trucker... no wonder he/she is not getting paid...

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.