Watchmytruck's on Youtube

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by Buckeye 'bedder, Oct 16, 2010.

1. trukr33

trukr33 Bobtail Member

Dec 3, 2010
    killeen, tx
    That's funny I have yet to see him cutting in and out of traffic in fact he tells you when he's changing lanes. What he does before he turns on the camera I have no clue about and nethier do you so get off it. The only reason I got on this deal was me trying to reaserch this guy, I found these treads and then found his website then decided to start my profile to try and help educate you ######## about what hw is truely trying to accomplish and you want to focus on the bullshitof how unsafe he's being. From what I've seen of his videos he's safer than all the 4 wheelers we drive around, he's not the safest person out there but he is safer than most. Including me.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. cj8

cj8 Light Load Member

Sep 11, 2006
    The problem I have with this is do we really need big brother watching peoples every move?

I'd like to get a camera and follow this guy around his job and record every little thing he does wrong, cause ya know he ain't perfect.

I'm not praising people for driving recklessly or unprofessionally, I just hate the thought of a camera up my ### following everything I do.

Oh well, just another example of some douche with a video camera trying to invade peoples lives.

Buckeye 'bedder Thanks this.
  4. highwaybum

highwaybum Bobtail Member

May 15, 2008
    Donnellson,il
    this guy has no life.put the cam down and drive fool. he makes me sick. idot thinks he is doin a public service.he is a public moron

112racing and Gr8oldies Thank this.
  5. CertifiedSweetie

CertifiedSweetie Road Train Member

Nov 18, 2008
    Pittsburgh,Pa
    I can't stand people who whine and cry about truckers drivers driving. I really don't understand how some people think this crap is ok. I guess people who drive there cars always are the best drivers and don't speed and don't tailgate etc etc. WRONG. Hell I should get a camera an video tape some of the stupid things I see people in cars do and try and sell it to the insurance companys. O but wait I have a life and better things to do with my time other than be a wannabe police officer worried about what other morons are doing!!!

6. SweetSouthernRide

SweetSouthernRide Medium Load Member

Apr 27, 2009
    Northeast Alabama
    Don't get your panties in a bunch, everybody is entitled to an opinion and the way you are getting upset makes me think you personally know this guy, if you're not him.

You want to talk about educating people... okay, the "do as I say not as I do" theory does not work. If he wants to make a difference in a moron's driving, he don't need to be driving just like them and criticizing them.

:biggrin_25513: You can't fix stupid, or it's followers. Maybe one day he will wake up and realize that putting his life, and the life of others, in danger is stupid.

7. Moosetek13

Moosetek13 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    So, if you saw a truck driver driving in a dangerous fashion and wanted to document it - how would you go about it?

Personally, I think the guy is doing what the cops should be doing.

8. SweetSouthernRide

SweetSouthernRide Medium Load Member

Apr 27, 2009
    Northeast Alabama
    You're right... the COPS should be doing it. And if somebody was endangering lives, I would call them. Seriously... you think what he is doing is safe? He is no better than the drivers he records. Try to paddle water all you want, but your argument is sinking. He has no right to endanger others' lives to try to get ratings on youtube, or make a quick buck. That is despicable to say the least.

Gr8oldies Thanks this.
  9. Moosetek13

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    No, I don't think what he is doing is safe. He should have at least one other person in the car to do the videography.

Or, he should be shooting while another drives.
    I do not contest that point at all.

10. REDD

REDD The Legend

Jun 29, 2009
    Dueling Banjoville
    Exactly! The cops should be out patroling.... Catching speeders & careless/reckless driver's along that interstate. I mean, that is part of their job....

So why does the average citizen feel that they have to police the industry themselves?

What kind of knowledge does Mr. Video Camera have when it comes to trucks? Does he have a CDL? Has he ever driven a truck? Has he ever been in a truck?

I watched a lot of those videos.... Sure, I saw somethings that were the truck driver's fault.... But I saw more issues that were the 4 wheelers fault. Not going to go into everything..... But I will mention one...... Every state has this law & it is the most disobeyed law on the books.....'

SLOWER TRAFFIC REMAIN OR MOVE TO THE RIGHT!

Now I guess I can call myself a true professional.... I didn't see my truck in any of his stupid video's!!!

11. Moosetek13

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    Maybe because the authorities are not doing a good enough job?

I don't know what his deal is. Maybe he is just a fed-up 4-wheeler.

I know the feeling. I have been in front of some of those tailgating idiots, I have been nearly run off the road by idiot truckers moving into my lane when they don't look before they move.
    And yes, a lot of 4-wheelers are no better. But with a big rig it is much harder to avoid an accident, and the consequences are much more dire.

I dunno. Maybe instead of complaining about the idiot making the movies, we should be contacting the people that should be out there making the movies and then citing the idiot truck drivers for the aggressive driving.

Like they say... a picture is worth a thousand words. And if the cops would video the offense before making the stop, the driver would have no recourse in court. And, the video could be included in the DAC as well.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.