Watkins Refrigerated Lakeland,FL

Discussion in 'Refrigerated Trucking Forum' started by Mullet_Head87, May 18, 2016.

1. Frank Speak

Frank Speak Road Train Member

May 3, 2016
    With no APU, they shouldn't complain about idling. What are you supposed to, die from heat stroke? lol

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. truckdriver881

truckdriver881 Bobtail Member

Jun 28, 2016
    how you making out at watkins they told me 7-10 days out then home 2 thinking of it how many miles thanks and are you happy there

4. Mullet_Head87

Mullet_Head87 Medium Load Member

Apr 19, 2014
    Clearwater
    Started out with runs that were 550 to 600 with a couple days on them. But I've proven to deliver on tighter runs and been receiving them lately. Average haul is 600-700 including deadhead. Their practical mile pay is right on. I'm averaging 2300-2500 paid miles a week @.44. People are nice and they really do appreciate you, I'm thinking of running with my own truck with them. They are good at compensating you for detention,layover just be sure to follow their process of notifying your dm. I was stuck in Memphis for 3 days waiting on a run and they paid me $150.00 a day to sit. So far so good. Gotta be better than what your doing now and orientation is just two 8hr days then your off. Tell em truck 650810 sent you if you go and I'll give you some of the referral. Good luck!

5. truckdriver881

Jun 28, 2016
    hay thanks for the quick come back , i should be going to orientation on 7-11-16 and i will definitely use your number, how many days are you out for before you come back to florida? for your 2 days off, just wonder im still going to try them out, thanks again and be safe out there.

6. Mullet_Head87

Apr 19, 2014
    Clearwater
    I stay out a month at a time and get 1 day per week out. They will get you home every two weeks if you want to. If your around Lakeland you will get a lot finals around here. Past few weeks I've been back and forth from AL to Orlando. Company trucks need to be parked at Lakeland or conley, ga when going on hometime. If you don't live near those locations you could probly get with your dm to find nearest secure place to park but not sure. Plus your hometime starts the next day, so if you get a load that delivers early in the morning you could get that extra time. Not to discourage you but they do have the smart drive cams, one facing you and other facing out. I was disappointed to be told that in orientation but I've already forgotten about it. Cam towards u supposedly turns off when parked. They only call you if smart drive sees you doing any unsafe driving like holding a phone. I have a phone mount and still use it while driving to look at maps,truckstops and music and they haven't said anything. I was hesitant on these cams but my view changed when I guy at wildwood ta hit my truck pulling out and scuffed up the front side of my hood. I called safety when I noticed the damage and they sent for the footage and it covered my butt. Also they use on guard on the trucks, so if somebody cuts u off or you follow to closely the truck will brake automatically, but if u keep ur foot on the gas it will override it. That's the only thing that really annoys me.

7. truckdriver881

Jun 28, 2016
    ok thanks i live in brooksville and i was told that i would be out for 7-10 days then off 2 home 48 hrs but living here in fl they are by far the best to work for if you want to make some money, to live . and to get you back in state, all other companys seem to lie just to get a few weeks out of you.and no money, thinking if i get 2300-to 2500 miles should clear 1000 to 1100 week gross. i hope does this sound right to you? thanks again buddy for time, and can you take your wife with you once in a while? thanks

Last edited: Jun 29, 2016
  8. Mullet_Head87

Apr 19, 2014
    Clearwater
  9. truckdriver881

Jun 28, 2016
    hay mullet just seeing if all is still good at watkins? thanks and do they have a rider program for company drivers, my wife likes to go now and then ?

Last edited: Jul 8, 2016
  10. Mullet_Head87

Apr 19, 2014
    Clearwater
    Yeah, as long as rider doesn't have a CDL. Going well, did a run from Leesburg,FL to Brentwood,NY (Long Island) not hard to get to EZ pass equipped!. I've been in Brooklyn, Queens before but they only go off 495 when they come to this area. Then they got me set up with Sam Adams here in PA to Tampa then a Leesburg,FL to food lion NC then off to Tyson NC back to Orlando! Some loads will have some time on them every now again but average 2300-2500 miles a week. My manager Jill is awesome and everybody is personable. Not used to getting 3 runs pre planned at a time and then asked "Does this work for you?

123456 Thanks this.
  11. truckdriver881

Jun 28, 2016
    thanks for the come back glad every thing is going good for you, there waiting for 1 paper on my work history. to come in ,they got verbol on it but they need it on paper, so im looking at next week to start ,i hope, but thanks for the up date i hope im not being a pain, just like hearing the truth , but it sounds perfect so for , for florida thanks and be safe driver , it seems that they treat drivers with respect that good!!!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.