Weak engine break and fan clutch on

Discussion in 'Heavy Duty Diesel Truck Mechanics Forum' started by cavusbarnss, Sep 27, 2021.

1. cavusbarnss

cavusbarnss Bobtail Member

Apr 29, 2012
    new york
    Engine brake is very very weak..and fan clutch is on all the time..
    2013 detroit dd13..( #### short nose)
    Mileage 720000
    Fault codes
    Spn 171 fail05

Ecu1 spn 641 fail04
    Ecu 1 spn 641 fail05

I changed the solenoid already..nothing..still same..I am starting up the engine every morning and making air ,and after that I gotto shut it off. Gotto wait …and then I am turning the ignition on , waiting like 10 seconds again and I am checking if the fan is free.after 2 or 3 attempts the fan clutch is ok...This is what I am doing everyday..its killing me..
    I changed clutch sensor too..
    I have 3 fault codes..
    Its about turbo actuator..I changed that one too..still same codes.

.the truck is running fine..hauling 80k everyday..climbing hills no problem.no power loss..turbo is not overheating.
    I ve been driving like this for the last 5 months..there is no mechanic to fix it in entire new york !!! And when u go freightliner dealer they make an appointment after 3 weeks.. I am desperate..
    Fan clutch , engine brake and turbo actuator, they all popped up same time…after a heavy rain.I dump my load off , I was heading home and all of a sudden fault codes showed up..
    Fault codes
    Spn 171 fail05

Ecu1 spn 641 fail04
    Ecu 1 spn 641 fail05

Any idea ? Is this electrical ? Or ecm mcm ? Or valve adjustment We did before Before all these things happened ?
    Anyone has the same problem ?
    When I google the spn 641 fault code , it says open short circuit .. no solution yet ..

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

Draft saved Draft deleted