Week of nightmares with DD15

Discussion in 'Freightliner Forum' started by mhyn, Dec 7, 2015.

1. CaptainDaveG

CaptainDaveG Road Train Member

Jul 31, 2014
    Fremont Wi
    All covered by MFG ?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. mhyn

mhyn Road Train Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Northridge, CA
    i just have paid for new liners .. just for part. I wanted to have new liners. Whole overhaul was covered by Detroit.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2018
  4. mhyn

mhyn Road Train Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Northridge, CA
    that pipe is not available anymore. You will need to buy a special kit (2 hoses, different shape pipe, 2 clamps and bracket )... it's about $280 . If oem installed pipe is not rusted bad. Take it off, treat the rust, clean and paint it.

bossboy2 and RStewart Thank this.
  5. bossboy2

bossboy2 Light Load Member

Aug 20, 2011
    Houston, TX
    Treat the rust?

6. uncleal13

uncleal13 Road Train Member

Apr 9, 2009
    Humboldt, Sk
    Yup. Still an issue. My 2016 has been good so far. 175,000 miles

7. mhyn

mhyn Road Train Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Northridge, CA
    yes. clean it good. apply rust destroyer. wash it. sand it a little and paint it. use engine or protective oil based enamel.

8. NorthernTransport

NorthernTransport Bobtail Member

Nov 14, 2017
    This is a great thread. Hitting all the points I'm dealing with now, except how hard it is to find liners. It seems there are none available across the whole country. Had a break down started back in January, big coolant puddle and all of a sudden a ton of blow by and back pressure smoke. Cyl 5 was dead, turned out to be a cracked liner. Finally got my hands on one and putting things back together. Hoping for the best with the other cylinders since we can't find 5 more liners. After reading this, I'm going to have my guy check that radiator pipe for our leak and condition of the remaining seals.

mhyn Thanks this.
  9. nasriza

nasriza Road Train Member

Feb 1, 2013
    Chicago, IL
    Funny how this works they make trucks to break down more often which already sucks when you spend all the money to get them and on top of this they break down so much they can't even make the parts to keep up with the repairs neccessary so you have a huge tag with no work and ungodly amounts of down time, the same exact #### is going on on the volvo side as well good luck trying to find a head or a o.h kit for a d13 2013 and newer best case scenarion 3 weeks to a month. They are trying to make sure everyone is going bankrupt in the truck business now days one way or another.

NorthernTransport Thanks this.
  10. mhyn

mhyn Road Train Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Northridge, CA
    I really don't know why liners disappeared from stores. if you order 6 of liner kits be ready to wait at least 2 mounts. What is this ? trade war, high demand because of mass failures,.... ? only top management of dtna knows... Same situation is with Volvo D13 overhaul parts. No problems with Cummins parts availability.

NorthernTransport Thanks this.
  11. skellr

skellr Road Train Member

Jul 17, 2011
    The Village, Portmeirion
    Sounds like a business opportunity. :) Order some more and sell them for a premium!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.