Weekend Workout Idea

Discussion in 'Driver Health' started by Fit4Truckers, Feb 9, 2018.

1. Fit4Truckers

Fit4Truckers Bobtail Member

Feb 6, 2018
    Upper Michigan
    I'm off to work soon but wanted to give you this exercise to try over the weekend. Why? Because it's never too late to start making changes. You can do this with or without weights and you can do it anywhere. Make sure to watch all the way through because I show you how to modify it if you're just starting out.

2. Brandt

Brandt Road Train Member

Sep 17, 2012
    It's a good idea but you should try going to the truck stop and doing the same work out in the parking lots. Then add some snow and ice

Gearjammer79 Thanks this.
  3. Fit4Truckers

Feb 6, 2018
    Upper Michigan
    Yeah, it's really too bad that the truck stops don't provide an enclosed space where health-minded truckers can workout. It wouldn't have to be a gym with a lot of equipment, just a warm, dry space - I feel for those of you who want to do something but can't.

Gearjammer79 Thanks this.
  4. Gearjammer79

Gearjammer79 Road Train Member

Nov 25, 2017
    Rocky Balboa worked out in the snow.
    Truck stops are full off piss and poo.

VIDEODROME Thanks this.
  5. AModelCat

AModelCat Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Alberta, C eh N eh D eh
    Going from being a fat guy to a healthy weight with some muscle mass I can honestly say that if you don't want to get fit, you'll always find a reason not to do it. Why not be creative with where you work out? You don't need a fancy gym with thousands of dollars in equipment to stay in shape. I lost 40 lbs of fat just by fixing my poor eating habits.

6. Gearjammer79

Nov 25, 2017
    Please share more?

7. Fit4Truckers

Feb 6, 2018
    Upper Michigan
    AModelCat - Great job on getting fit...I love the attitude! And yes, sometimes it takes a bit of creativity. One thought that comes to mind for truckers who want to workout is to carry a set of TRX straps. You can get a complete full-body workout, and aside from your feet, your body never has to touch the ground.

8. Gearjammer79

Nov 25, 2017
    Does store sell straps?
    I need food ideas.

9. Fit4Truckers

Feb 6, 2018
    Upper Michigan
  10. AModelCat

AModelCat Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Alberta, C eh N eh D eh
    I run locally. My biggest problem was buying junk food when I stopped for fuel. Candy bar here, slice or 2 of pizza there etc really adds up. I started packing fruit and vegetables with me instead of processed foods. Fruit and vegetables are relatively low calorie foods compared to processed foods.

Portion control is another big one. I used to eat until I was full. I never realized that it takes the body something like 20 minutes to change from being hungry to being full. I could down a large pizza in that time. If I eat in smaller portions I need much less food to be full.

Water is good. I drink minimum 2L a day. More if its hot. Just a few sips here and there. Drink too much too fast and you'll be stopping to use the washroom ever half hour. I still won't turn down the occaisional soda pop or beer though. You have to live a little too. Believe it or not, if you're in need of water the body can actually trigger feelings of hunger.

I really noticed the weight coming off once I started adding some physical activity. I run 2-3k right after work a couple times a week during summer or I take my bike out for a good 20 minute ride. I don't do much in the way of weight training. Maybe 15-20 minutes 3-4 times a week with a set of dumbbells. I do 1 or 2 routines I found online plus a couple I've tweaked to suit me better.

Gearjammer79 and Fit4Truckers Thank this.
  • Draft saved Draft deleted