WEL Companies or Freymiller?

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by HoserSmurf, Sep 13, 2017.

1. augiedoggie41

augiedoggie41 Light Load Member

May 21, 2017
    I dunno if I'd be ready after 1.5 weeks. 8 weeks isn't bad and I hear they will cut you loose early if they feel you are ready.

HoserSmurf Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. HoserSmurf

HoserSmurf Light Load Member

May 17, 2017
    Ya true. But to be clear, im not a student. I've been driving Class B for the past 4 years. Been OTR Class A for 20 years prior to that. I don't believe I would need
    much longer than a few weeks. Just difficult to find a company considering I don't have recent verifiable Class A experience in the past 3 years.

augiedoggie41 Thanks this.
  4. augiedoggie41

augiedoggie41 Light Load Member

May 21, 2017
    Oh ok. Do you know if Wel has driver facing camera's?

Trucker61016 Thanks this.
  5. HoserSmurf

May 17, 2017
    Unfortunately I believe they do. I think it's the way of the future. It's going to unavoidable at some point.

Trucker61016 and augiedoggie41 Thank this.
  6. Knucklehead

Knucklehead Road Train Member

Jan 21, 2006
    You'll only be needing a few days is my guess. I had 15 years of straight truck following 3 months of t/t, but kept my A. When I got back into t/t, I only trained for 9 days.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2017
    HoserSmurf Thanks this.
  7. HoserSmurf

May 17, 2017
    I hope your right. Not to thrilled on running team with someone I don't know. In most cases I've been CDL A licensed longer than they've been alive. Trying to keep an open mind.

Knucklehead Thanks this.
  8. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Did you choose a company yet? Abilene Motor Express will probably hire you; they do have cameras but the drivers are allowed to cover them when parked. Trucks governed to 71 mph.
    I really like Freymiller though.
    Titan Transfer also probably hire you and their trucks run 70 mph.

Dharok Thanks this.
  9. HoserSmurf

May 17, 2017
    No not yet. Leaning towards WEL. But freymiller looks great as well. I'm kinda torn between.

10. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    I like reefers and have put a lot of thought into it; if I returned to the road, I'd go with Freymiller, but that's me, not you.
    Don't really know anything about WEL, maybe it's ok. I like running west coast and Freymiller does that; not sure if WEL does or not.
    Someone posted WEL does a lot of multiple stop loads, which I don't like. Don't know if that's fact or not though. That's a question I would ask if it would be an issue to you.

augiedoggie41 and HoserSmurf Thank this.
  11. Braylean

Braylean Light Load Member

Sep 10, 2013
    Freymiller cameras are stand alone, they record too an sd card in an event, they do not have monitoring capabilities. You can buy it on Amazon. Can't find the name and model number on this one, it was on the one in my old truck and I looked it up. They used to be able to pull a feed from it using the wifi in the yard but they had trouble with that and just resorted to pulling the sd card is what I was told.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.