Werner driver SUCKS!!!

Discussion in 'Werner' started by Coonass, Dec 6, 2008.

1. Coonass

Coonass "Freshy Fresh"

Sep 23, 2008
    Today I'm coming home on I-10 E and in the right lane. Up ahead is a Werner truck and another truck don't know the company but both these trucks are governed at around 65.

Now there is no other traffic around except another truck running 70 mph with me. As I'm catching up to these trucks I get in the left lane a ways back to pass, all of a sudden the Werner driver thinks it's a good time to TRY and pass the other truck:biggrin_25516:, and jumps in the left lane cutting me off. I had to hit the brakes hard so I would not rear end him:biggrin_25516:.

So now me and the other truck are stuck behind this Werner truck for 8 miles:biggrin_2551: while he tries to pass. It would not have been so bad if the other truck would have slowed down to let him pass, but it is not his fault.

If the ##$%^& Werner driver would have just let us go by they would have had all the time in the world to create their rolling road block, but no he had to cut me off and hold us back.:biggrin_25512:

How is that for common courtesy out on the roads.:biggrin_25510:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Roadmedic

Roadmedic Road Train Member

Apr 4, 2007
    Life goes on. You will see more and more of it.

4. rocknroll nik

rocknroll nik High Risk Load Member

Oct 18, 2008
    can't read the sign
    It stinks being in a slow truck.. I know I have one. I always try to make sure that I am in NO WAY gonna be ruining anyone elses program by drag racing racing another creeper. I hate it if I'm slowly passing someone and a large car comes rolling up, I get out of the way ASAP. If I'm being passed and I see large cars getting held up by the other guy I will slow down enuf to let him by. I realize that not alot of slow truck drivers have this courtesy, but at least I do.

Big Duker Thanks this.
  5. Coonass

Coonass "Freshy Fresh"

Sep 23, 2008

Yeah life goes on and I'm not going to harp on it. But what gets me is no one was around and at the very last minute he decides he wants to jump in front of me an pass. He could have passed him long before i was ever around. Like I said the road on our side was completely empty!!

6. Big Don

Big Don "Old Fart"

Sep 8, 2007
    Utah's DIXIE!
    Aaahhhhhh MORONS! God love 'em, 'cause nobody else does!

I can't recall the number of times when I was with Knight, that I decided that passing another "creeper" just wasn't worth it. Or that I backed off a little to let another moronic "creeper" driver get around me, just to keep from creating a traffic hazard.

7. d-man57

d-man57 Light Load Member

Nov 20, 2007
    Indiana
    Our company trucks got cut back to 65 this year, this is the first time i had ever drove a truck cut back that far. At first I'd set the cruise at 65 on the interstate, no big deal i thought, i normally ran around 68 anyway. I found myself catching every 64.5 mph truck on the road. While it seems odd that if you can catch'em you should be able to get around them, it turns out to be quite a battle getting around and leaning forward doesn't help. Check out some of these drivers while they creep by ya, a lot of them are up on the wheel leaning forward. The few extra mph isn't worth tying up traffic or having a big dog breathing down your back door and cussing ya on the cb. I set the truck at 62 now and if i do come up on something, at least i can get around it. If a creeper comes around ya and has a line behind them back off, they'll all be down the road in a few minutes anyway. It takes patience and common courtesy to drive a slow truck.

cpassey Thanks this.
  8. redvolvo

redvolvo Bobtail Member

Jan 30, 2008
    Carrollton,IL.
    I agree with Big Don. My truck might go 67 on a good day but I only pass when i have plenty of room and no trucks behind me. If another slow truck starts around me i bump the cruise back a little and let him around.

9. Coonass

Coonass "Freshy Fresh"

Sep 23, 2008

I laughed my butt off about the leaning forward thing. LOL That is too funny!! But I know what you mean. :biggrin_25520:

cpassey Thanks this.
  10. rjones56

rjones56 Heavy Load Member

Jul 15, 2008
    staunton va
    It does seem like they all wait until you are at their back doors before they cut you off.I can almost see them snicker when they do that.A##holes.The older I get though I`ve learned to let it go quickly otherwise one could have a stroke.Sure does appear that we are outnumbered by stupidity and ignorance these days.

11. DBL_TIME

DBL_TIME <strong>"Two Mints in One"</strong>

Feb 9, 2008
    Sure does appear that we are outnumbered by stupidity and ignorance these days.[/quote]

Stupid = knowing better and doing it anyhow.
    Ignorant = not knowing any better.

I think the oldies would be classified if they make such a move as, stupid. While the newbs could be classified as ignorant. Not that that is a concrete evaluation and i assure you in no way meant to be disrespectful to the veterans. Some is a combo of both, that in my opinion is the worst drivers out here. Ignorance can be fixed through proper training, but to quote Ron White " You can't fix stupid". Some of my best education has come from making a mistake on the road in the presence of an old schooler. I might not have answered him back, but i assure you i heard every word of his wisdom.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.