Werner Enterprises, Inc. - Omaha, Ne.

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by lj, Jun 17, 2005.

1. Goofy

Goofy Bobtail Member

May 8, 2011
    Sacramento, Ca
    I have learned with them that you have to demand what you need. I will not get on a bus to go anywhere. It takes too long not to mention the scumminess of them. I think I caught chicken pox on one. I will either rent a car or even fly and pay the difference. I have only been out on the road with a trainer for 8 days. I wasn't getting what I needed in a trainer. The next one I will be more specific with my sdm about their training time and success's with students. My last trainer only successfully finished 2 students out of 8. One was a friend of his. I am definitely learning to take care of myself.

Yodler and The Duchess Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. whosedog

whosedog Medium Load Member

Mar 18, 2009
    fair lawn nj
    To Goofy and White Squaw:Werner has been treating trainees like dirt for years.They want 2 things out of you:1. Government funds they recieve for "training" you. 2.To use you as a low paid driving team while in "training" If you do manage to test out,you may have to travel to another state to get your assigned truck(probably one that needs work which you will have to take to Peterbuilt Dealer or Carriers to fix the broken APU).Bear in mind when out of training and before going OTR you will be making next to nothing;they could care less if you quit,there are hundreds more "trainees" coming through the door behind you.My advise ,put up with the BS and if you test out and get a truck;stay with them till you get 6 months to one year as this seems to be a magical number that a lot of Companies want you to have for experience.Werner's business model is built on making $ "training" drivers."Werner Cares "is just an advertising slogan.Take care, and best of luck to you both.

Yodler Thanks this.
  4. rthomas98

rthomas98 Bobtail Member

May 23, 2011
    winter springs fl
    yes,you are so right,everything you said is 100 % how it has been for my poor husband,,,werner is ####,,worst company ever,I could never treat people the way they do ,,well if I hated them I could,,he is trying so hard to stick it out,but if he told them where to go today,,I would not blame him one bit ! Im praying he will find something better, he has about 2 more months to go :(

5. Goofy

Goofy Bobtail Member

May 8, 2011
    Sacramento, Ca
    You know I've been thinking.....yes a dangerous activity. I really can't expect much coming in to trucking with only a cdl in my hand. I basically have no experience. I would not expect to walk into any other business with no experience and get the top paying position. When I started in the restaurant biz I had to work my way up to food server by cashiering and hosting. Very low paying positions. Once I had experience food serving and bartending then I became a manager. But I had to pay my dues.
    I think people get lured into the idea of driving by someone who has driven or the pay they think they will receive. I agree it is very low to begin with. I don't even want to do the math and figure out how much it breaks down to hourly. But I have come to the conclusion that I need to keep my spirits high and expectations low. I think you can find fault with any company you have worked for. It all depends on whether the company is interested in long term longevity with employees. It is very expensive to keep hiring and training new employees.
    So, nuff said. Take care all. :biggrin_255:

Yodler and The Duchess Thank this.
  6. baseballcoach

baseballcoach Light Load Member

Mar 23, 2011
    Illinois

7. kid_cardiac

kid_cardiac Medium Load Member

Feb 24, 2008
    Florida

Yodler Thanks this.
  8. mattp

mattp Medium Load Member

May 26, 2011
    fr mass
    last year i made 23000$ as a fire sprinkler apprentice pretty much same thins as pipe fitting all i did was carry and hang pipe all dayy long 12$ an hr im talking 21 foot lengths of 6" 8" pipe weighing more than me so when im done with school ill be glad to make 36000+ a yr

9. JohnnyWaWa

JohnnyWaWa Bobtail Member

Apr 13, 2008
    Dallas, GA
    Armywife,
    I think you missed the point altogether. Do you see all the posters posting the same types of problems concerning Werner? If I had found this site before signing on with them I most definitely would have NOT signed. If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, it sure ain't a chicken.

10. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    I don't know who told you would make $36k+ yr but you definitely won't be making that at werner making 20 something cents a mile. That recruiter is blowing smoke at you.

Rollover the Original Thanks this.
  11. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    Are you interested in driving for Werner Enterprises?
    If so, we are interested in hearing from you. Werner Enterprises remains to be a premier transportation and logistics company, with coverage throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and China. Werner Enterprises is licensed NVOCC and U.S. Customs Broker.

Our drivers are employed by Drivers Management, LLC (DM), a wholly owned
    subsidiary company that employs, trains and manages drivers.

Employed by drivers management llc?? Catch the hint?? DM.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.