Werner is a good company

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by Norther, Dec 18, 2007.

1. iamkaren123

iamkaren123 Light Load Member

Oct 9, 2007
    Chattanooga, Tennessee

Thank you, Rick for being so understanding. He is also Bi-Polar and I am learning more and more everday what it is. When all this is cleared up with the right medication for the blood pressure and the right medications for the Bi-Polar, he wants to go back to druck driving. Thank you so much.:biggrin_25517:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Steele

Steele Light Load Member

Jan 23, 2008
    Las Vegas, NV
    Just as a note to remember:

Federal Regs - 391.41 (b)(9) "Has no mental, nervous, organic, or functional disease or psychiatric disorder likely to interfere with his/her ability to drive a commercial motor vehicle safely;"

In other words, Im pretty sure that there would be a set time period that he would have to go through without any bipolar episodes (depression and/or manic), and then he would have to get a Dr to sign off on a wavier.

Additionally some states have rules/laws about being on such medication that wont allow a CDL. Florida is suppose to be one example. It seems that if you are on any depression medication there, they take your CDL. I would check into your state laws now. Call you state DOT for clarification.

Sorry to be the bringer of bad news, but tis better to face the facts now instead of later and getting hopes lost.

4. iamkaren123

iamkaren123 Light Load Member

Oct 9, 2007
    Chattanooga, Tennessee
    Steele,

Thanks but at the time I wrote the post things were different between us. I am gone from him now. Long story.

He is going back to work. His Bi-Polar is not serious enough to keep him from driving and in Ga they do not pull the CDL but thanks anyway.

By the way, Happy Mothers Day. I do not know if you are male or female but you are a significant other!

Good night

5. crabby125s girl

crabby125s girl Heavy Load Member

May 11, 2009
    good luck, please let me know how it goes. My boyfriend is also looking into Werner for the summer.

6. Drop'n'Hook

Drop'n'Hook Light Load Member

Jul 29, 2008
    SE Louisiana
    Any updates or new info.

7. Madhatter5150

Madhatter5150 Bobtail Member

Aug 29, 2008
    Camp Verde,Az
    WoW, Norther who started this post last posted on pg 6 now were up to 25.:biggrin_2554: "MIA" :biggrin_25525:
    Werner does take a lot of bashing not just on this forum but also "OTR". I myself have been known to bash them sometimes when their in the hammer lane trying to pass another Werner truck:biggrin_2552:. But we all choose our lot in life and got to understand that all of us out here our doing a job and probably trying to put food on our families plates!
    To all of the Werner drivers out there don't worry bout what other drivers say bout your company. Just know that your doing this for yourself an your family back home and not the other driver in the truck next to you.Just don't run into any of them or you will have to worry:biggrin_25516:.lol
    Good luck out there!

8. FarvaWS6

FarvaWS6 Light Load Member

Aug 7, 2007
    Cleveland, MO
    He probably got tired of everyone putting him down and left.

9. Beans

Beans Light Load Member

Nov 4, 2008
    Temple, GA
    Good driving. I have a clean MVR and 3 months OTR I just applied. Is hard to get a job with them?:biggrin_2555: I have been putting in apps all over. Of course, with the economy, a lot of companies have changed their hiring policies. I am almost desperate. I want to drive so bad. I watched Ice Road Truckers the other night and thought of moving to Alaska.

10. FarvaWS6

FarvaWS6 Light Load Member

Aug 7, 2007
    Cleveland, MO
    I hate to be the bringer of bad news, but your biggest problem is you have 3 months experience. most companies either want one to two years or fresh out of school. When they see you have only 3 months they consider you at high risk to quit at the slightest sign of trouble and don't want to take that chance.

11. crAzy white boy

crAzy white boy Bobtail Member

to hell with werner, if all their trucks burst into flames tomorrow, i wouldn't shed a tear. of course, i wouldnt want a driver to be in one if it did go up, don't want anyone to get hurt. would be one less corporate succubus company lying to drivers about what to expect then turning it around when it comes accountability time.:biggrin_25511:

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.