Werner=jerks

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by kilroy2963, Mar 26, 2008.

1. kilroy2963

kilroy2963 Light Load Member

Mar 26, 2008
    Hi everyone!! I thought Id share my experience with the wonderful world of Werner. Im a recent grad of NE Trucking School and decided to sign aboard with Werner. Big mistake!!
    First off I'll just say what the recruiter say and what is the actually facts is a bunch of BS!!
    When I filled out the Application, I put down that I worked for Schwans. I also put for reason for leaving was due to a crushed foot injury from a fork truck. Which I had numerous surgeries for, and a partially amputation of my large right toe. Now that was a year ago, since I have been cleared from my doctors with no restrictions, and went through Massachusetts DIA for retraining and was approved for being a commercial truck driver.
    Well this wasnt good enough for Werner, while I was up in Allentown I was forced to provide a very detailed explanation of my injury as condition of employment, what surgeries I had, if I collected Workers Comp and if I received a settlement.
    This still wasn't good enough, and after being up there for 4 days, they terminated me without pay (because I didn't complete the program) and sent home a 24Hr bus ride!!:biggrin_2556: They said get a release note from a doctor and maybe they would reconsider employment!! Now also keep in mind that I never asked them for any accommodation's for my condition, and I had even been cleared from the doctor they brought in for the DOT examination as fit to drive a commercial vehicle.
    Werner told me that I was let go because I didn't provide details about my injury and I falsified information, which I feel is BS.
    My injury is fully healed and I have no restrictions, and has nothing to do with truck driving.
    To make matters even worse, beyond not being payed a dime while I was there, they also put it on my DAC report!!:biggrin_25510:

So thats about it, my wonderful experience with the Big Blue Screw!!:biggrin_25513:

Take care all!!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Iraqvet

Iraqvet Light Load Member

Oct 28, 2007
    Ashtabula Ohio
    You should be able to get that off you dac...If you were never hired,then it shouldnt be on there?Who told you it was on there?Saying you falsified info,isnt good...If it is on there,you might have to do some explaining to the next company you try and go with,but if its on thre cause of werner,they may understand its bull......any way,goodluck....

4. bullhaulerswife

bullhaulerswife Forum Leader/Admin Staff Member Administrator

Jul 23, 2007
    Midwest
    I agree, you need to get someone to take this off your DAC. Werner is ruthless doing this to you. I don't understand why they want to blackball someone because they had a previous injury.

I hope that you get this fixed. Please keep us posted. :biggrin_2556:

5. kilroy2963

Mar 26, 2008
    Thanks for the response. Im already having problems because of this information being added on my DAC. I'm trying to get a job with Swift, but they wanted me to send them a release form to contact Werner!! I have no idea what Werner will say.
    I really don't know how to go about trying to remove this from my DAC, any help would be greatly appreciated!!
    Im starting to think my career as a driver is ruined before it even got started!!:biggrin_25513:

6. kilroy2963

Mar 26, 2008
    Werner told me it was put on there, and Swift confirmed this.

7. Iraqvet

Oct 28, 2007
    Ashtabula Ohio
    There is a company on here that can help you with your dac..Dacfix...If you didnt lie,then I dont know what werner could tell swift...They didnt employ you,so they shouldnt be on grounds to blackball you...I highly doubt you are lying,but the supposed "falsifiying" might get you until y ou get it fixed..

8. kilroy2963

Mar 26, 2008
    Thanks, I will look into Dacfix. This just really sucks!! I didnt even get to the point of driving for this company, and I already have a black mark!! This Dac report really seems more like a "Black List" more then anything else.

9. Iraqvet

Oct 28, 2007
    Ashtabula Ohio
    Thats really all it is.

10. Ohnoo

Ohnoo Light Load Member

Dec 4, 2007
    CA
    I don't know why it is that people seem to think that after they have filled out an application they should never have to speak of what was on it again. Like the guy who lists a felony on his application and then becomes offended and claims that the company is "harassing" him when they inquire into the details of it.

One of the reasons they go back over and into more detail on some items is to make sure that a problem child isn't being hired. Case in point here someone who may have an existing medical problem that could turn into a bigger problem (or excuse) later down the road.

Another reason is much like that used by LOE's. Ask a question, give the person some time, then ask the question again or in a different format to see if the answer changes. And that's what I'm seeing here there was enough going on for someone to say "Whoa wait a second somethings not right here". Has Werner wants warm bodies I would think that there was a difference between what you said on your app and then said at orientation.

Has for information being placed on a DAC without a person actually working for a company. That's very common with the two most common cases being A) Failed a preemployment drug screen and B) In some way shape or form providing false information to the company. All the company has to do is show that the statement is in fact true and it will be on your DAC for sometime to come.

11. Rocks

Rocks Road Train Member

Jan 13, 2008
    Somewhere
    I am sorry to hear about your experience with Werner. I went to one of their terminals yesterday and talked with someone from the training dept. just to ask some questions and look around before scheduling my orientation. When she told me that I will be considered their employee the minute I sign their paperwork on the very first day of orientation, I raised a red flag. All my info will be checked and verified during orientation. I should have nothing to worry about. But knowing how these guys are, I am afraid they may find something they don't like and terminate me as well. So far I have no black mark on my DAC, my health is good and never tested positive in any drug test. But last month, USXpress let me go on the first day of orientation because on candidate got hurt in the truck while I was taking the road test. It wasn't an accident, the person wasn't wearing a seat belt, she hit the dashboard when I stopped at the stop sign and cut her arm. The co. got concerned and dismissed me. I can understand that and I would prefer not to list USXpress or mention this incident to any other co. but if Werner requests a list of places where I took a DOT drug test, I may have to disclose the info, or they may find out later and terminate me anyway. I'm not sure what to do. I think I will get another copy of my DAC just in case. BTW, I am not calling Werner jerks. I think that anyone seeking employment should make sure they understand what they are getting into before they sign the papers.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.