Werner - Not What I'd Heard (Thank God.)

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by BadInfluence, Nov 23, 2008.

1. Steele

Steele Light Load Member

Jan 23, 2008
    Las Vegas, NV
    :biggrin_2554: Okay, how did you get so lucky to get a recent handbook! Highlander hasn't gotten an updated one for about four years. And the most recent fuel list he has is from Sept of 2008, with no newer ones in the "office". Anyone know if there is a more recent one?

And not to beat a dead horse, I'd still like to know what the code is for the out of hours, and personal drive time, short distance, etc. I've never liked "grey" areas. Sorry, I'm just that "anal".:biggrin_25526:

So shall we go onward to the next arguable.. err.. debatable topic?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Stump

Stump Heavy Load Member

Jan 27, 2009
    Modesto CA
    I got the new handbook from one of my students that left it on my truck and jumped ship. Like right now, i just split a load at the Cheyenne WY drop yard and put my self available for a load, i wanted to head to the flying j for some grub so i had to do it on my logs, if i would have put myself unavailable for a load, i could have did personal drivetime.

But enough about this, i have to try and get a shag run to Denver terminal to drop off my student driver for Saftey reasons. He came to a stop 2 times today on I80 in the hills because he could not find a gear, And he can't keep the truck between the lines, my 2 biggest no,no's So Saftey has me takeing him to Denver, and with no help from the SDM's. The SDM i talked to today was a joke. she had the nerve to tell me how i know the student is unsafe and then threaten me by saying i won't get another student for a long time if i drop him off. So i told her no problem, i train him reguardless if he is unsafe or not and mabey someday when he is on his own driving thru Omaha and kills someone she knows or mabey a family member because he is not cut out for this she can think back to this phone call, she then had no problem patching me into the saftey department.

This guy is a nervous wreak, noway he should be driving a truck, iam his 2nd trainer and he has regressed all week. The joys of training, i don't like telling someone they can't do the job, but its better i tell him now then when its to late.

Rattlebunny Thanks this.
  4. nerok9

nerok9 Light Load Member

Jun 21, 2007
    Hey Stump, I finish CDL school in IL next Fri. Werner is #1 on my list just waiting for a reply on my app. I see u are a trainer, do u train any students out of the Indy Terminal?

5. Stump

Stump Heavy Load Member

Jan 27, 2009
    Modesto CA
    As a 48 state driver i can be assigned a student out of any Werner terminal. But as it goes, no telling what prt of the U.S. i will be in when they assign a student to me. I live in California so i get sent to Fontana CA most of the time but i have picked students up at all of the terminals, goodluck.

6. nerok9

nerok9 Light Load Member

Jun 21, 2007
    Thanks for the reply stump. Another question. Have you heard of students after their 300 hr training not getting their own truck right away and having to wait for up to a month for their own truck?

7. Stump

Stump Heavy Load Member

Jan 27, 2009
    Modesto CA
    This can happen, best thing to do is like the lady that started this thread said a few pages back, start bugging driver placement after a week or so on the trainers truck. Find out what division you want and who to talk to. If they see your effort it could speed up the process. But frist and most of all, learn how to drive the truck and learn the job. Truck school taught you how to get a C.D.L. now O.T.R. Training wil teach you how to be a truck driver, trust me, they 2 totally different things. Goodluck

8. CBtruckers Wife

CBtruckers Wife Light Load Member

Jun 18, 2009
    Huber Heights, Ohio
    Stump my husband is out with a trainer right now. When you say talk to driver placement is that a different department other than his SDM? He has a friend that will be finished before him, less than 60 hours left. He had prior experience. They are planning to team drive together. Is there dedicated routes where they can team drive and be home more often? Thanks

9. Stump

Stump Heavy Load Member

Jan 27, 2009
    Modesto CA
    Don't know about the hometime, but calling driver placement will get you assigned a division. If they are team driving, they should not worry about a division other then meeting up after training to team. If one of them is close to being done, then he should call driver placement to let them know he wants to team with a buddy.

10. Steele

Steele Light Load Member

Jan 23, 2008
    Las Vegas, NV
    Okay.. RANT moment. Yea I know I kinda rant from time to time.. well this time.. its an official rant.

Highlander gets pulled off the road from time to time to work in the yard since he can drive an Ottawa. This week he was suppose to start working for someone in the yard this Tuesday. So last Friday as he's on down south, he gets a red light for an assigned load. The load is for him to head way north and will not put him back in town until Tuesday morning, which is the morning he's suppose to work in the yard.

He says fine, and accepts the load. Two hours later, the load is removed from him, as obviously someone remember he is suppose to work in the yard. Highlander gets back Saturday morning and we head out to do some shopping, and he forgets his phone. We get back late and he checks his phone with a message from Omaha saying "Looks like you are our only hope for this load. Call Omaha." It just happens to be the same load that was taken off him on Friday that wouldn't get him back until Tuesday, yet again, he is suppose to work in the yard on Tuesday morning. He goes out to the truck, sees the load had been assigned to him, then taken off him, and then a broadcast sent out to everone on that account asking for someone to take it.

Sunday is nice and quiet.

Monday, 7am he gets a call from the local office wanting him to take a shag load, and he had to get up out of bed that moment to take it. He told the office that he had plans for the day which we did, and they said "sorry, it's already been assigned to you." You know the drill. So he takes the load. So the $20 load is more important than a driver saying "No" to available for load, and "I've already got plans". So much for "Werner cares..."

Monday evening around 5:00pm he gets a call from the office. They want him to take ANOTHER shag load that has to be delivered at 5:00 AM Tuesday morning yet he is suppose to work in the yard beginning at 10am. So he says yea he will take it. I burn out a microchip with anger......................................

He goes to bed early, gets up at 2:30am, wakes up and heads in to take the load. When he gets to the yard, the trailer is missing. Came to be, it was assigned to another driver and he had already picked it up. And the reason it wasn't assigned to him, was that he was taken off the drivers board on Monday so he can work in the yard on Tuesday.

Who do I need to strangle..................................... that is if anyone is left after he gets done.............

11. Starchdoggy

Starchdoggy Light Load Member

Aug 6, 2007
    seated
    Sounds just like the Werner I work for.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.