Werner orientation in allentown

Discussion in 'Werner' started by bigpapa7272, Nov 15, 2008.

1. airdrop

airdrop Bobtail Member

Mar 27, 2010
    Dover, Delaware
    If your going to allentown watch out for the "DRILL SGT" he will come in, in the morning barking orders, he is all bark. Once he has his coffee he is usually a good guy. Look I did my 300 hours on the Family Dollar dedicated account and rolled right into that acct. That account helps you make money if your willing to work. Word of advice go to werner expecting the worst and that way your not surprised. Overall I had a good experience, Got a great trainer, great acct, and drove out of allentown in a 2008 Century class with an APU. Which was rare when i was with them. GOOD LUCK with your training!!!!!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. borderrell

borderrell Bobtail Member

Dec 30, 2009
    how the family dollar account at werner

4. airdrop

airdrop Bobtail Member

Mar 27, 2010
    Dover, Delaware
    The acct was in my opinion great. I ran out of front royal. The pay was great so long as your willing to work. It's a labor demanding acct but the pay is great and the home time was good too. I ran five loads a week and home two days

foodmojo Thanks this.
  5. jemack1

jemack1 Bobtail Member

Jul 9, 2010
    One problem that I have with Werner and the trucking industry as a whole is that they will let somebody with only a few months of experience under their belt train new drivers. This is wrong! I think that before a driver should be required to have at least two to three years of experience before a company even considers letting them be a trainer. Luckly during my time with Werner, I had two trainers that had a few years, not months, of driving experience. This hogwash of letting inexperienced drivers train inexperienced drivers has got to stop! I sure as **** wouldn't want somebody training me who had that little experience.

6. phroziac

phroziac Road Train Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Gary, IN
    years of experience dont mean much. there are werner trainers that are total morons and have no business driving a truck, let alone training...and have been driving for YEARS.

7. jemack1

jemack1 Bobtail Member

Jul 9, 2010
    That is true. But would you want someone with as little as three or six months of experience train you? However, I totally agree with you that some of these trainers with years of experience shouldn't be training new drivers, let alone driving a truck. Some of these trainers just do it to make more money. I had one trainer who had years of experience and didn't teach me much at all. He never taught me how to use the qualcomn, never had me pre-trip the truck, and would have me pull the truck over to the side of the road whenever he or I needed to "take care of business." This guy was just in it for the money and never should have been a trainer. Another trainer I had admitted that he hated training, but did it because he claimed that he needed to do it because he couldn't make any money being a solo driver.

8. phroziac

phroziac Road Train Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Gary, IN
    I would rather not have a werner driver train me.

I am going back to training this week, but its a local run. Good lord im nervous. :eek: :eek: :eek: Especially with the whole daycab thing, ugh...

9. Steve14

Steve14 Bobtail Member

Aug 27, 2008
    Phila., PA
    Thank you all for useful vs. all negative feedback. I get tense reading all the horror stories so it's a relief to hear something that makes me feel there might be some hope. Hope to be heading to Allentown in August. Thanks again.

10. frisco

frisco Bobtail Member

Sep 25, 2010
    what do you do in orientation and are the test hard. And what about the map test i suck at reading maps do they show you easier ways to read maps

11. wasteman

wasteman Bobtail Member

Apr 3, 2010
    prescott az
    how is the OTR, is it labor intensive like the dedicated can be, or is it more no-touch?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.