Western Express Asked Me To Run Over My Time

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Usmcvet1984, Jun 27, 2016.

1. Usmcvet1984

Usmcvet1984 Bobtail Member

Mar 31, 2016
    I was given a load and did my calculations and I would have ran out of hours by the time I even started securing the load. They told me don't worry about it you can just say you couldn't find a safe haven. I'm stuck in a contract with them and want to drive teams with my wife for conway. Does anyone know if conway will take me anyways?

Toomanybikes Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Steel Dragon

Steel Dragon Road Train Member

Nov 23, 2015
    Its your ticket,deliver the load legal.
    Not worth giving up a weeks pay, for a crappy dispatcher.

The Patriot and Lonesome Thank this.
  4. Usmcvet1984

Usmcvet1984 Bobtail Member

Mar 31, 2016
    I didn't do it. Just saying they try to screw people over and I wanna leave.

Lonesome Thanks this.
  5. superflow

superflow Road Train Member

Jan 2, 2014
    You get involved in an accident while being over on your hrs
    ..... You will no longer be a truck driver , doesn't even have to be your fault , dot will strip you of your cdl
    ..... Tell them you can't break the law , it's that simple and if they want to give you any crap about it call the authorities and file a report .... Dot will take care of the rest

6. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    I guess it depends on how long you've been trucking [with WE] and how much time is remaining on your work obligation to them, and if there are any other things in your "file" that might come up in a work history inquiry from another carrier.

If this sort of occurrence happened regularly and you could retain some form of "proof" of the coercion in the event the matter ends up in court later. But if this just happened one time, I'm nit sure I could recommend bailing as long as you're otherwise making a decent living and meeting your obligation as well.

7. Rocknroller4

Rocknroller4 Road Train Member

Nov 25, 2015
    Glad I never went to Western. Bad news in my opinion.

The Patriot and Anonymousproxy Thank this.
  8. 8thnote

8thnote Road Train Member

Aug 12, 2013
    Chattanooga, TN
    I didn't see anything that indicated coercion in the OP. Plus, there is no law against logging on-duty time to secure a load after the 14 hr clock has expired. Sounds to me like his DM was trying to help him earn a decent check but the OP doesn't understand how HOS works.

I'm also willing to bet that the only companies that would knowingly hire someone who is in breech of contract with a previous employer are companies that themselves lack integrity. Not the kind of place I'd want to work. The old saying "out of the frying pan and into the fire" comes to mind.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2016
  9. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    He was referencing that he would run out of hours by the time he got his both secured and they told him no problem just find a safe haven in other words driving down the road.... That's illegal

Toomanybikes and Donnie1962 Thank this.
  10. 8thnote

8thnote Road Train Member

Aug 12, 2013
    Chattanooga, TN
    Assuming that that is the case, coercion requires a threat of punitive action, otherwise it's just a bad suggestion. The OP made no reference to punishment, either implicit or explicit, if he refused to break the law.

STexan Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.