Western Express Asked Me To Run Over My Time

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Usmcvet1984, Jun 27, 2016.

1. Donnie1962

Donnie1962 Bobtail Member

Apr 10, 2016
    It might not exactly fit the legal definition of "coercion" but it's still underhanded and sleazy. I would bail. Someone will take you. There are way too many job openings out there to tolerate even the suggestion of breaking the law.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    I don't know how long you been in this industry but anyone experience knows that a company doesn't have to come out and explicitly say anything you know darn well what they do so just turn around its it is behind because he won't do what they say and that is retaliation which is a violation of that conversion act as well... and being that its Western Express I wouldn't put it past them people that companies got crooked written all over them

Toomanybikes and superflow Thank this.
  4. superflow

superflow Road Train Member

Jan 2, 2014
    Boy it just gets to me to hear a driver take the trucking companies side on issues like this , knowing darn well at the end of the day all the blame falls on the driver , while the sleazy dispatcher puts a feather in his hat

driverdriver and Toomanybikes Thank this.
  5. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    Ever since the first day I started driving if I ever felt that I was too tired to drive I I simply stated to the company I'm too tired to drive or the conditions and bad weather too bad and I told him if you don't like it then you can come get the load because the last I checked I'm the one in charge not you on how and when this truck operates

superflow Thanks this.
  6. sevenmph

sevenmph Road Train Member

Jan 26, 2007
    Pinellas county Florida
    I guarantee it part of dispatcher training at EVERY mega and many other companies. Ok boys and girls we are going to teach you how to ask a driver to violate HOS with using the legal definition of coercion."

Toomanybikes Thanks this.
  7. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    OMG. Make a new appointment date and time for what you can do legally.

Document everything as you go so when or if they fire your ###, you have a case for the State to go after them once you get home. (Take your logbooks with you.)

Do not get pussyfied into being horsewhipped into driving illegally... find safehaven my foot. It's your ###. Your money on the line. Maybe you kill a family being over hours? They dont give a ####. 50 people take your job next week. Half are hungry and will go over hours.

8. Anonymousproxy

Anonymousproxy Road Train Member

Mar 2, 2015
    Western is the bottom of the barrel from what I've seen, ratty looking equipment, last time I saw their CSA(before it went off-public)scores it a wonder that company didn't get shut down. I get nervous everytime one of their trucks even looks like it is going to back in next to me.

9. mjd4277

mjd4277 Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2015
    Fitchburg,MA
    Seems everything is going downhill with that company since I left.lol

10. Raezzor

Raezzor Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Aug 1, 2009
    Columbus, OH
    Is it possible the dispatcher meant that the shipper wouldn't let you sleep there, so you would have to secure the load and leave the shipper and find the nearest place to safely and legally park, and that that would be ok?

11. Ditch Doctor

Ditch Doctor Medium Load Member

Jul 16, 2012
    Olathe, KS
    drvrtech77 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.