Western Express OR Covenant Transportation?? That is my question.

Discussion in 'Western Express' started by PXI Incorporated, Aug 4, 2011.

1. PXI Incorporated

PXI Incorporated Medium Load Member

Mar 31, 2011
    Ohio
    STATEMENT OF INTENT CONCERNING COOPERATION:

BEFORE any and all drivers start to post "stupid" comments pertaining to but not limited to SNIDE REMARKS, PERSONAL ATTACKS, DEGRADING REMARKS and/or ANY COMMENT WHICH IS JUST PLAIN STUPID, I implore you to take a look at my other posted threads.

I am NOT a NEWBIE nor am I unaware of both of these companies' histories, track records, safety records, and/or all/or any, both in whole or part, posts made on this forum about them.

My personal situation is quite unique and I am in serious need of some polling numbers.

What I have determined through my own research and opinion is that Western Express is more apt to leave me with a lower CSA score then Covenant, but Western Express will turn more miles and I'll get home more often.

Can anyone, with either direct and/or indirect but verifiable knowledge of both these two companies, help a fellow driver in need? I am asking for you to help me make a decision on which one I should go with.
    I thank you in advance for your participation in this poll.

I have applied to 37 different trucking companies and these two are the only two that will consider me at this point in time. Please advise ASAP, thank you for both your cooperation to my STATEMENT OF INTENT CONCERNING COOPERATION: and also for you time.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2011
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. beejay334

beejay334 Bobtail Member

Oct 27, 2010
    brundidge,usa
    I drive 4 western now on van side and the miles r there they will run u and trucks r new and u will make more here than covenant unless u want 2 team I say western I have no complaints!!!

srvmcmxc Thanks this.
  4. PXI Incorporated

Mar 31, 2011
    Ohio
    Where do you run out of?

Do you run regional, dedicated, OTR? Which one do you do? I would be most likely NE Regional in order to get hometime. Is there a downfall to excepting Reg instead of OTR?

All information you could POST here would be appreciated, thank you!
    :biggrin_25514:

5. beejay334

beejay334 Bobtail Member

Oct 27, 2010
    brundidge,usa
    I run out of decauter,al my loaded miles 4 this week was 3562 and I run otr!!!

srvmcmxc Thanks this.
  6. White Dog

White Dog Road Train Member

Feb 11, 2008
    Iowa
    You sound like a great guy:biggrin_2556:
    Covenant should fit you well.

123456 Thanks this.
  7. Dave_AL

Dave_AL Light Load Member

Aug 9, 2011
    AL
    I doubt this will help because it's not first-hand knowledge. But I know drivers who work for both of these companies and the general consensus seems to be that Western Express is the better of the two.

Again - I haven't personally driven for either of them.

Good luck.

Of course, I didn't look at the dates of the previous posts, so maybe you've already decided?

8. trucker 17914

trucker 17914 Bobtail Member

Aug 26, 2011
    My friend i drive for western now and will drive untill sometime next week when im turning in my new cascadia;work for them in the past and they ehere a good company,I was making every week 950.00 plus a week and they where sending me from Atlanta to Sacramento and back.That was from 2007 to 2009;now wester will keep you running from Maine to NY,MA,PA,NJ and forget about getting a decent wagw my friend 200 miles 180 miles 89 miles 300 miles and at the end of rhe week you will make with some luck 1600 miles $321.00 dollars with 279 or less to take home you complain about not gettin any miles and they tell you that this is America and that you can quit that they can get another ####### in your truck .The use of profanity by supervisors to deriver is used on a daily bases.I am tire of their bad habits and lies all the time.Western express owner recently pass away;that was an honest man that one time i put a complaint on the qualcomm about a mishap with a supervisor and he personaly call me and told me that when i where close to Nashville teminal pull in to discuss the matterand he solved the problem and sided with me.Now you wont have nobody to side with you.tomorrow a friend of mine that also is a wester driver is turning his Nwe truck in at Birminham when hes is done with a load he have.last week I was at Decatur terminal and twwo drivers turn in their New Cascadias because one of them said."i got three kids and i cannot live with 200 dollars a week srew western they are liars" the other one said the same that he made less than a thousand buks in a whole month.Wstern express is the company with the higher turnaround in the bussines and unfortunately a company that is giving a bad reputation to the trucking industry.OK if you want to try be my guest, but later dont tell me that i didnt told you.You will make more money flippibg burgers at mcdonalds than driving for western and there you dont have to spend money on CDL training.Good luck. WESTERN DRIVER FOR TWO YEARS GOT A NON DRIVING JOB FOR A YEAR AND CAME BACK AND FOUND WHAT YOU READ.

9. Okiecountryboy

Okiecountryboy Bobtail Member

Jul 31, 2011
    Amber oklahoma
    I'm at western but still fairly new in the flatbed division and most of the guys I have talked to including my trainer say they r getting the miles. I don't know what division you are in trucker 17914 like I said I have only talked to guys in the flatbed. I will agree there pay scale isnt the best but I have a complicated situation so western was my best choice for now.

10. PXI Incorporated

Mar 31, 2011
    Ohio
    I have found a home and it is with J.B.S. Carriers... I appreciate all the replies but want to make everyone aware that I am no longer looking for a company and that I found what may be the most respectful Trucking Company in the industry....

Respect goes alot further then pay or milage, glad I'm getting ALL 3!!!!!! Thanks everyone for your help.:biggrin_25514:

11. sdaniel

sdaniel Road Train Member

Sep 7, 2011
    Pelham N.C.
    Glad you chose not go with western! Have talked to many and the highest paid was at.32 and was a trainer as am I. But I am at. 51 for all miles. Sad to see someone working as hard and paid so much. Lower!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.