Western Express should rename itself to Northeast Express.

Discussion in 'Western Express' started by Happyfeet, Feb 13, 2016.

1. Happyfeet

Happyfeet Light Load Member

Jul 22, 2011
    Sioux Falls SD
    Western Express should rename itself to Northeast Express - Title says it all. I've not been west of the Mississippi in months. Week after week I run in a loop along the I95 corridor with these short runs hauling cheap lumber loads that always must be tarped.

What do you think?

Bam69Yankee Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. newbieflat

newbieflat Bobtail Member

Oct 25, 2013
    Alabama
    You should prolly quit and come to btc, it's what I did like 3 weeks ago, one lumber load, so far, no tarp, mostly coils and pipe loads, home on the weekends for restart if you want, I stay out 2 weeks at a time, getting My truck turned up to 68. Only complaint is the macks don't have the storage space like freightliner or international does. Oh, no tv's, we don't sit for more then a 10 hr typically. Get broke down, they'll bring you another truck.

Not much west of the ms, some Oklahoma and Texas runs, but mostly I've seen ky Ohio Pittsburgh once

4. mnmover

mnmover Road Train Member

Apr 5, 2009
    Lichfield MN
    Talked to a Western Express driver yesterday he was waiting for a reply on his tire problem at Loves in Fort Worth. When I left, he was still waiting over an hour and a half later. Very discouraged driver.

5. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Jones Bros. Trucking runs 48 states and based in Montana. Small flatbed company.

6. newbieflat

Oct 25, 2013
    Alabama
    Welfare express wasn't too terrible when I got my feet wet, I ran between 3000 and 3500 miles a week with them like 2-3 years ago, so I made over a grand a week, I went to btc after six months, then got a local job at a lumber yard, wanted to get back otr, my second go around with western was terrible, think the most miles I saw with them after 3 month's was 2300, so I went back to btc. You don't run a whole lot with them, alot of short hauls, like 400-700 mile runs, sometimes more or less, but at least I take home over 1k as a company driver, and well, home on the weekends.

It's really been a bit of an adjustment for me, this second time around, I got so used to working elogs, and they don't want you to do that here. Have to work them at Western, most of those dispatches I got were supposed to have been delivered on the day I got the load assignment. Btc wants everything completely legit, which is good I guess.

Edit: Chinatown, what's your opinion on Sammons out of Missoula montana? Thought about going to them when I get enough recent otr exp, heard Thier lease purchase was pretty unique.

7. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    I've never heard any negative about Sammons. For some reason it crossed my mind that Wayne Wise, owner of Western Express before he passed away, also bought or was a partner in purchasing Sammons. That was a long time ago, so my memory may be clouded.

8. newbieflat

Oct 25, 2013
    Alabama
    I heard Western was really pretty decent when Wayne was alive

9. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    I worked for him when he owned ExpressCo and it was a good outfit; flatbed running coast to coast.
    I really liked Wayne Wise; he was laid back and easy to talk to.

10. Atlanta trucker

Atlanta trucker Road Train Member

Jan 25, 2017
    I have been driving for many years. What I have found is ..... Once you accept northeast they will keep on giving them to you plus northeast is a very busy area so once your there it's tuff to get out. The only bump I had with the company I'm with now is I told them I don't do PA , NY , NJ. I told them I did not ask them. They never send me there now. TELL THEM not ask them. Maybe you should try that see what happens ????

Western flyer Thanks this.
  11. Gunner75

Gunner75 Road Train Member

Mar 17, 2014
    Jackson Center Ohio
    @newbieflat since when does BTC not allow TV's in the trucks?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.