Western Express/SMX

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by GeorgiaCracker77, Jun 23, 2009.

1. GeorgiaCracker77

GeorgiaCracker77 Bobtail Member

Jun 23, 2009
    Tifton Ga.
    I can't belive the way SMX has chaged due to the buy-out w/ western x. They are really putting it to the drivers. I know a lot of drivers are taking pay cuts now but they have taken it to the extreme. I have taken pay cut after pay cut. The last pay stub I got I realized They are no longer taking taxes out on me & they have cut my milage rate to .19cpm and making up the difference in per diem. I just nwant to work for a company that has the same morals as me.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. RizenPhoenix

RizenPhoenix Road Train Member

Oct 31, 2008
    Santa Cruz, CA
    Then stop having morals.

Then you'll fit in at all of them.

:biggrin_25515:

x#1 Thanks this.
  4. myangel

myangel Bobtail Member

Jun 27, 2009
    philadelphia
    hey i use to work for smx and i understand how you feel ...but i have a question? i just had a roll ove r and they let me go.. do u no any companys that will hire me right now?

5. ibcalm1

ibcalm1 Bobtail Member

May 19, 2009
    Philadelphia,PA
    I just replied to your question on the JCT thread. I hope it is helpful and it works out for you on still turning the wheels

6. REDD

REDD The Legend

Jun 29, 2009
    Dueling Banjoville
    SMX went to hell after Bill Smith died several years ago! That old man would be turning in his grave if he knew the company was sold out like that... Bill kept that company together. Without him the highly educated moron's ran it into the ground & dumped the trash onto Western!

7. cleancut20

cleancut20 Bobtail Member

Dec 29, 2009
    Was the vehicle on its side?

8. cleancut20

cleancut20 Bobtail Member

Dec 29, 2009
    Is there anyone out there who can tell me how Western Express treats their worker's comp cases vs. other companies and how they treat their worker's comp cases?

9. myangel

myangel Bobtail Member

Jun 27, 2009
    philadelphia

yes it was on its side and no 1 was hurt....

10. bigblue19

bigblue19 Road Train Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Midland WA
    Hate to tell you driver but unless you have a document in your hands that said it was not your fault (Non-preventable) You can kiss driving a CMV goodbye for 1 to 3 years at most company's.

I had a fender bender on a on ramp with a 4-wheeler after 14years with a clean record and it took me 6mo's to get hired on by a crappy carrier and another 6 mo's driving for them before I could get a real driving job again.

3 things you don't want to do driving a truck is, A. get in a wreck, B. roll the truck, C. have a injury. DAC and Insurance requirements just won't allow most company's to hire you. You might find someone to hire you but I can tell you it won't be any company anyone has heard of.

11. calcaptret

calcaptret Bobtail Member

Dec 7, 2009
    portland, maine
    So if a driver gets into a fatal accident, he's fired?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.